Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas mosaic top finished

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 15:43

This is a kit I got during a shop hop a couple of years ago. It's 70 x 70. It was pretty fast to assemble. You stack 4 fat quarters up, trace the pattern onto freezer paper, stick it to the top FQ and cut on the lines. Then you shuffle the pieces and sew them together with the black sashing.

photo Christmasmosaictop07-12-14_zps5c4d46a5.jpg

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas mosaic top finished

Lovely!
Somewhere in my folder of "wanna-do's", there is a similar pattern. Maybe when things settle down here, I will get it out .
Always inspired by everyone's work.
How did you do the sashing?
Theresa

o

Looks great, Donna. Cutting 4-5" off for the border leaves an 17-18" square to slice??? Pretty nifty! I like it!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Reminds me of a stained glass window... lovely indeed!

o

Thank you!

Theresa, the pattern shows you which edges to sew the sashing on...it's 1" wide black strips.

Sharon, the blocks are 15" square. The outer border is 5", and I have strips left that are wide enough to make binding. Not sure if it will be long enough, but I have some other Christmas fabrics I can use if needed.

Donna

o

Nice...like this design!
V.

o

That's lovely, Donna. It's Christmasy without being so red and green you have to put it away immediately after. Nice job.

o

Looks good, also reminds me of stained glass.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Stunning

o

Donna, That is a beautiful quilt! I agree, not so Christmasy that you have to put it away immediately after Christmas.

Sue

o

Very pretty, Donna. It is time to get working on those Christmas projects, isn't it?

o

Pretty - I like the fabrics. It does remind me of stain glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here