Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First T shirt quilt

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 14:48

Here's my first T shirt quilt. It's the new bedspread for the spare bedroom.

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First T shirt quilt

Very nice Donna,
I like the border and the way you brought the fabric together. You had some pretty tee shirts to use. Nice work. TFS

o

Donna, I'm so glad you posted this! I have a stack of old t-shirts in my sewing room in preparation for a quilt. I needed a little inspiration!

Kate

o

Great colors too!

o

Looks like you had a nice group of high quality shirts to start with. It looks great. Nice colors.

o

Nice job! I love your combination and the theme is really fun.

Sue

o

Donna, great quilt. I love the fabrics. I immediately went into my closet to see if I still had any T-shirts from my crusing-the-Caribbean years. Alas, I had tossed them out. You did a really lovely job. Lois

o

awesome!

o

What a wonderful way to remember your trip. The colors and borders are cheery and tropical.
What color did you paint the room?

o

You did a great job of putting those together and it's a great memory of all those fun trips.

o

Thanks, everyone! The room is now a medium blue. I just finished the bed skirt which is a green leaf print. Eventually there will be some tropical print pillow shams and valance, and 4 wall hangings - 2 flamingo quilts, an orchid quilt and a hibiscus quilt. So far the orchid and the larger of the flamingos are done.
Donna

o

I never realized tee shirt quilts coukd be so gorgeous!! Years ago a friend gave me Hard Rock tees from all over and when we moved I donated them. Wish I had kept them now!!

My Disney tees I have worn out!

A tropical themed room will be very relaxing.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here