Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mini quilt

Posted by vasu_texas (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 14:40

I'm bitten by the mini quilt bug! Here's one I made for a mini quilt swap on Flickr. It measures about 19x19 inches.
I'm happy with the Dresdens but I wish I had planned the quilting a bit better.

Vasu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mini quilt

Beautiful, well done and I love the color selections!

Teresa

o

Cool, Vasu! I like it a lot.

Donna

o

I agree with Teresa, gorgeous colors. Great job.

o

I love the design and the colors!

o

The colors are great and I like the modern take on the Dresden!

o

Oooh! Love the batiks in such pretty colors. The pretty spiral is accented well by the quilting you chose.

o

Oh, that's cool!
The spiral design is different and interesting.
Lovely colors for the Dresden.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I like your design - alot - modern and clean.
Great job!

o

I love the fabrics too!!! That design would also look great as a table topper or bed runner.
Rosa

o

Thank you all for you comments. I can't take all the credit for color selection - I used bits from a jelly roll of Tonga Treats "Gelato" and the background is Kona cotton "snow". I still have most of the jelly roll - still looking for patterns & ideas for a bigger quilt.

Making the Dresden was really nice - no stress about carefully cutting and joining to complete the "plate" and making sure that the plate lays flat. In fact, I cut some of the pieces free hand so I could adjust the width to get the right curve.

Rosa, I do want to do a longish piece to fit a narrow section of the wall in my living room. I guess I can double it as a table runner.
Vasu

o

Another mini I made with blue scraps. I just cut out triangles of various sizes and randomly places them to make a pattern I liked. Added some yellow for interest.
I'm really happy how this turned out.
Vasu

o

I like the way you quilted it. Enhances the pattern. Very nice. TFS

o

Love the wide open design and your use of color. I'd call that an art quilt, but it doesn't look very mini in the picture?

o

I'm on a blue and white (or cream) roll. It is 20"x28" - not very small but still small enough to find wall space in my living room.
Vasu

o

I agree with another, your quilt is an art quilt and nicely done. The mini is lovely and the wall hanging is cool (showing my age) Applause to both!
V.

o

Great job on your minis!
I have a small wallhanging that I made but still haven't finished quilting it. Perhaps seeing yours will motivate me to get it out and finish it!

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here