Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vasu_texas

mini quilt

vasu_texas
11 years ago

I'm bitten by the mini quilt bug! Here's one I made for a mini quilt swap on Flickr. It measures about 19x19 inches.

I'm happy with the Dresdens but I wish I had planned the quilting a bit better.

Vasu

Comments (16)

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Beautiful, well done and I love the color selections!

Teresa

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Cool, Vasu! I like it a lot.

Donna

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I agree with Teresa, gorgeous colors. Great job.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

I love the design and the colors!

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

The colors are great and I like the modern take on the Dresden!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Oooh! Love the batiks in such pretty colors. The pretty spiral is accented well by the quilting you chose.

• day2day
    11 years ago

Oh, that's cool!
    The spiral design is different and interesting.
    Lovely colors for the Dresden.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I like your design - alot - modern and clean.
    Great job!

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I love the fabrics too!!! That design would also look great as a table topper or bed runner.
    Rosa

• vasu_texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for you comments. I can't take all the credit for color selection - I used bits from a jelly roll of Tonga Treats "Gelato" and the background is Kona cotton "snow". I still have most of the jelly roll - still looking for patterns & ideas for a bigger quilt.

Making the Dresden was really nice - no stress about carefully cutting and joining to complete the "plate" and making sure that the plate lays flat. In fact, I cut some of the pieces free hand so I could adjust the width to get the right curve.

Rosa, I do want to do a longish piece to fit a narrow section of the wall in my living room. I guess I can double it as a table runner.
    Vasu

• vasu_texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another mini I made with blue scraps. I just cut out triangles of various sizes and randomly places them to make a pattern I liked. Added some yellow for interest.
    I'm really happy how this turned out.
    Vasu

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I like the way you quilted it. Enhances the pattern. Very nice. TFS

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Love the wide open design and your use of color. I'd call that an art quilt, but it doesn't look very mini in the picture?

• vasu_texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm on a blue and white (or cream) roll. It is 20"x28" - not very small but still small enough to find wall space in my living room.
    Vasu

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I agree with another, your quilt is an art quilt and nicely done. The mini is lovely and the wall hanging is cool (showing my age) Applause to both!
    V.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Great job on your minis!
    I have a small wallhanging that I made but still haven't finished quilting it. Perhaps seeing yours will motivate me to get it out and finish it!

Mary