Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilts for victims of CO wildfires

Posted by flwrs_n_co (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 13:53

You've probably heard about the recent fires in Colorado which have consumed hundreds of homes and caused tens of thousands of people to evacuate. Today in the Denver Post, there was an article about a quilting store in Ft. Collins (the High Park fire devastated the area nearby); the owner is making quilts for the victims of that fire (257 homes were destroyed). She was asking for 12 1/2 inch squares, but has received all sorts of donations including full quilt tops. Anyway, I immediately thought of this forum (I've been a lurker for quite a while). If you have any scraps you could send, it would certainly be appreciated by these devastated families. I'm collecting fabric from quilters in my neighborhood and sending fabric I have from projects I never started/completed (sadly, my talents do not include sewing).

Thank you.

Here's a link to the Sewing Circle: http://www.the-sewingcircle.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Denver Post article

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilts for victims of CO wildfires

Thanks for posting this! I live in Fort Collins and our local paper did not even run this information - but that's nothing new. I am already finishing 2 quilts for the fire victims, but really appreciate any people that want to help the victims in our area.

Sue

o
RE: Quilts for victims of CO wildfires

Sue, I'm so happy to pass on the information! I'm down in Littleton, but between my mom and I we know about a dozen ladies we're telling about this. I'll be packaging up our donations by the end of the week and sending them to the Sewing Circle. My heart goes out to all those families, and I'm happy to have found a way to help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here