Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs_n_co_gw

Quilts for victims of CO wildfires

flwrs_n_co
11 years ago

You've probably heard about the recent fires in Colorado which have consumed hundreds of homes and caused tens of thousands of people to evacuate. Today in the Denver Post, there was an article about a quilting store in Ft. Collins (the High Park fire devastated the area nearby); the owner is making quilts for the victims of that fire (257 homes were destroyed). She was asking for 12 1/2 inch squares, but has received all sorts of donations including full quilt tops. Anyway, I immediately thought of this forum (I've been a lurker for quite a while). If you have any scraps you could send, it would certainly be appreciated by these devastated families. I'm collecting fabric from quilters in my neighborhood and sending fabric I have from projects I never started/completed (sadly, my talents do not include sewing).

Thank you.

Here's a link to the Sewing Circle: http://www.the-sewingcircle.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Denver Post article

Comments (2)

• polardream
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting this! I live in Fort Collins and our local paper did not even run this information - but that's nothing new. I am already finishing 2 quilts for the fire victims, but really appreciate any people that want to help the victims in our area.

Sue

• flwrs_n_co
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sue, I'm so happy to pass on the information! I'm down in Littleton, but between my mom and I we know about a dozen ladies we're telling about this. I'll be packaging up our donations by the end of the week and sending them to the Sewing Circle. My heart goes out to all those families, and I'm happy to have found a way to help!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida