Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend?July 20-22

lindaoh_gw
11 years ago

Well, it's time for the weekend question again! Did you finish any projects this week? What are you working on this weekend? To answer my own question, I finished all my Confetti Log Cabin blocks and put them together. I have added one border and want to put the next two borders on it this weekend. I haven't done a lot of sewing this week. I did order lots of Kona solids from fabric.com for a Super Mario quilt for my SIL. He saw one online and has been bugging my DD to make one for him. I hope to have it done for Christmas.

Are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (26)

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I have been trying to spend time in the evenings when it cools off working in my out of control flower garden.

I hope to spend some time playing with my scrappy Irish Chain.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I spent some time sewing yesterday......today I'm spending some time ripping....120 plus inches! It all started with me cutting 2 1/2" squares for my JR strips....somehow they ended up 3 1/2"....oh well, I can live with that. Got them all sewn end to end and started sewing them side by side....hmmmm....something's wrong....all those white squares are almost next to each other.....AAAACCCCKKK....forgot to cut the first strip in half! I 'will' make this work!

Probably won't be sewing tonight as Jaycie is coming for a sleep-over while her parents go to the movies.....which is scary because of what happened in Colorado.

SharonG/FL-IN

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Aw, Sharon! Don't you hate it when you do dumb stuff like that? I've done plenty of them myself.

I did finish 3 projects this week! I finished the little quilt for the bear and 2 minis for the guild. I hope to post pictures tomorrow.

Tomorrow we're going to Lakeland to visit my mom, but I should be able to sew on Sunday. I was going to make 2 more minis for the guild, but I decided instead to assemble a quilt top for another group so I can get it mailed off to the quilter before I go on vacation.

Donna

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

My sewing this weekend depends in part on the weather, but I hope to get some time at the machine. I never even turned it on last weekend :~((

• loisflan
    11 years ago

We have some of my husband's family in town for the weekend and a big party on Sunday (not at our house thankfully). I bet I don't get any quilting done until they leave on Monday. I love them dearly but...

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

This past week I finished cutting material for my stained-glass quilt, I think. I won't really know for sure until I've got it done since I'm making it up as I go along. I'm hoping to spend some time sewing blocks together on Sunday for that project.
    I also heard about a site which allows you to design your own fabric. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, but it looks pretty easy to use. I want to get some pictures of my flower gardens and use them as a basis to make my own fabric. Wouldn't that be cool?

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

I have a baby quilt in the works that must be done for a shower next Sunday!

I have the borders cut, just need to attach them (hopefully tonight) and then sandwich/quilt (hopefully this weekend).

Change in step-son's wedding plans now give me 6 weeks to start & complete a king-sized quilt! Have some fabrics..need more.

Plus, 4 dresses for me & girls for the wedding itself!

Me busy??? nah, not any more than normal

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I have worked 80+ hours this week on a project for work. Finally finished and if I don't sleep all weekend I hope to work on the 1930's square quilt for my mom.

Jackie

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

It is cooler so I am finishing the binding on the Irish chain. Put the inner border on the double 4 patch and hope to get to the outer border. Planning on some prairie points so need to finish them. We are leaving on vacation next week so would like to get that top done before we go.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Yes.....I got caught up in the one seam flying goose discovery, and remembered I had a stack of vintage cotton plaids handed down through several quilters and a largish piece of tiny houndstooth homespun. Well, before I knew it, I had thirty-six six inch flying geese blocks done. LOL. Might as well keep making them until the houndstooth runs out and see how big she gets. It's gonna be a quilt, and for what purpose who knows. Depends on how big it gets. I'm already planning on what to use for more if I decide to make it full-sized. Sick, huh?

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I am plugging away on the Mossy Radiation quilt. I decided to make a braid border to put on the top and bottom to make it rectangle instead of square. I just finished sewing the bottom braid on and tomorrow will buy the fabric for the final border. It will end up 88X100" instead of 83" square. I am quilting it next Sunday on a friend's longarm and will deliver it to my sister the following Sunday at our family reunion in Arthur, Illinois.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tuppermom,my Grandma lived in Arthur, Illinois with my aunt and her family after Grandpa passed.
    We would love to see a picture of your quilt!
    Linda OH

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

I've been working on a pieced backing (flannel scraps) for the flannel log-cabin top I finished about a month ago. We have the grand-kids this weekend, they were supposed to come last weekend but we weren't well enough from our ailments, so won't get a lot done but did do some piecing this morning. I'm really getting a lot knocked out from my stash. Maybe after this one I'll break down and treat myself with some new, even though I still have enough stashed to probably do at least 10 more quilts. (I'm having withdrawals I think.)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Dan, I think the site you are looking for is Spoonflower.com.

I've spent most of the day sewing! Yea for me! I finished the blue stars top that's been taking up all the space on my design board for a couple months. I would start quilting it if I hadn't used up all my batting. I think I'll go with the 80/20 on this one.

Kate

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Lindaoh. My Mom lived in Arthur from the age of 12 until she and my Dad married....he was from Tuscola. My Grandad was struck by lightening and killed while working on the railroad. Grandma couldn't look after the farm so she sold it and moved to town with 6 kids in tow. My Uncle Billy still lives there. I love shopping at the Amish businesses in the area.

Small world. Are your Aunt and Uncle still there?

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tuppermom, it is a small world. I don't have any relatives in Arthur any longer. My aunt and uncle have been gone for several years and all their kids have moved out of Illinois. I visited there when my grandma was living.
    Linda OH

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I finished a top on saturday...mitre the corners when I meant to do something totally different...my fault thinking I would remember instead of writing it down in my quilty book. It looks fine, just had to laugh at myself for doing something I really did not want to do initially. Next up...trying a new to me technique making a scrappy tote from Jenny Beyer charms...fingers crossed.

Tuppermom...Please post pics...love to see your creation!
    V.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

So, the monster quilt top is made! My son had to hold the clothes line up for me in order to get the whole quilt in the picture. He is an Artist Blacksmith so had his work clothes on so I told him to make sure he was well away from the quilt!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Mary! that looks great!
    Like the braid border.
    When do you deliver it?
    Theresa

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Wow, very pretty! I like the braid, too...it coordinates very well with the center design.

Donna

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies!

Theresa, I will deliver on Aug 5th. Next week my son and I are doing a craft sale so am trying to get everything ready for that too. I may be sewing the binding down on the 11 hour drive to Illinois!

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Mary, that's a very exciting and dynamic quilt. Very nice work. Your sister will love it. Please explain the name Mossy Radiation.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Thanks Lois! I am sure my sister will love it but she will have to buy a ticket just like everybody else....it is a raffle quilt for the family shelter that my sister works at!

Mossy Radiation is the name of the pattern from the Kaffe Fassett book "Quilt Road" I am not a Kaffe Fassette fan, especially not his fabrics and how he uses them but this pattern spoke to me. If you google Mossy Radiation images you will see this quilt made in many different fabrics.

Mary

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Thanks Lois! I am sure my sister will love it but she will have to buy a ticket just like everybody else....it is a raffle quilt for the family shelter that my sister works at!

Mossy Radiation is the name of the pattern from the Kaffe Fassett book "Quilt Road" I am not a Kaffe Fassette fan, especially not his fabrics and how he uses them but this pattern spoke to me. If you google Mossy Radiation images you will see this quilt made in many different fabrics.

Mary

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

That is truely an awesome quilt...applause, applause!! All the best with the raffle...it should make a bundle for the shelter.
    V

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Good luck with the raffle!

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia