Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Lotto winners, would you please post pictures?

loisflan
11 years ago

I loved seeing the quilt bozogardener made with her Lotto winnings. Do other previous winners have photos of their quilts made with Lotto blocks? I'd love to see them posted here now that posting photos is so much easier. Thanks. Lois

Comments (23)

• polardream
    11 years ago

Lois,
    These were made from lotto blocks. The lotto pattern created two different blocks, so I made 2 quilts from the winnings.

I am using two more sets of winnings from previous years to make charity quilts for fire victims in our area. When I get them finished, I will post pictures.

I like seeing them when they are all put together, also!

Sue

• bev2009
    11 years ago

I was going to mail some 12.5 squares to the quilt shop and then remembered I can drop them off when I am in town! The quilts are really pretty!

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

These are the blocks from my lotto win. I backed this quilt with Minky and kept it just for me. It's cuddly and soft - perfect for curling up with the cats, a good book and a cup of tea.

Kate

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Here's the Quilt of Valor I made from my 2010 lotto win.

C

And with my latest win in May, 2 more are on the way.
    Mary C

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I won the first time I played ~ the Bowtie Block:

Another winnings~ this is actually my very first completed quilt! I made it for my husband - the block was a "manly block"- this is one of my favorite settings and I have used it several times.

The back- made from the scraps:

This is the top from the Lotto Blocks I won this year. I was determining the the next border and took a picture. I had to pick up the top off the floor for company.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

...love all the quilts and love the Feb lotto quilt...just gorgeous...I may need a red and white quilt in my future or at least add it to my to do list.
    Sue...those two blue and white quilts are lovely...really like the prairie points on the border!
    Beautiful...just beautiful!!!
    my project list continues to g r o w...
    V.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Sue, I remember that blue/white lotto so well because I didn't expect to like the block as much as I did! You did a great job using them!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

A wow to the whole collection. Great stuff!

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate, Mary and Marsha, your quilts are great. You all did such a wonderful job of arranging the blocks. It was fun to discover my block in Marsha's red/white quilt. Thank you for posting. Winners, there must be more quilts out there!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Lois~I should have pointed out that I won many blocks. This is a big quilt and after I added the sashing, I had to remove some of the blocks because I would never be able to quilt it. The others are going on the back.

It is fun to find the block you made in someone else's quilt. :)

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Yes, it is fun to see your block(s). I see my three in the red/white quilt. Thanks Marsha!
    The Amish blocks are staring at me and as soon as my company leaves, they will be taken out and played with and hopefully put together soon. I had a couple of other obligation quilts to finish first.
    Theresa

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Gorgeous quilts!!!

• calliope
    11 years ago

I remember you winning the bow-tie blocks on your first try, Marsha and how tickled I was that your name was drawn on it. What an incentive that had to have been to participate again. LOL. It made just a wonderful quilt. My first and only one of two of my wins was also a red/white sampler block....and I also loved the quilt I was able to make from it.

The interesting thing to see is how each recipient works with those blocks with their own personal touches to 'make them their own'. Winning the lotto presents an opportunity to make a quilt in patterns they may never have chosen themselves and then often, fall in love with it. I know just making the blocks to submit for the lotto has been the largest factor in expanding my repetoire and trying techniques I then fall in love with. Paper piecing comes immediately to mind. I would have NEVER gotten into that had it not been for doing some for the lotto.

• day2day
    11 years ago

Gorgeous quilts!

Glad so many of you decided to post.
    I missed this post earlier but today I had a wonderful time watching and reading about this great quilt show.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• beth7happy
    11 years ago

ooooo i never DREAMED that red and white would be so smashing!!!!! They're ALL fab...what a bunch of amazing folks!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Great creativity in this group.

• calliope
    11 years ago

This was from a win many moons ago. I won eight blocks, other than the three I sent in, so had a add some more to finish up the top. The only picture I have left not crashed with an old computer is on photobucket, and was just of the top, before I quilted it. It now lives in England, so I can't get anymore photos of it.

Yes, another red/white. They do make showy quilts.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Love it! A couple of years ago I fell in love with a magazine cover red and white with big prints. I still have the magazine, but the quilt is a one of these days...

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

I like the big block in the middle, Calliope. The blue print sets these off nicely. A red and white is on my "someday" list, too.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Calliope it is a beautiful quilt. Is the border the blue fabric, does the white quilt that hangs down the sides of the bed part of the red/white/blue quilt or is that a separate quilt? Just curious the white whole-cloth hanging down the sides is really beautiful too.

Best to you and TFS,
    Sandra

• calliope
    11 years ago

Thank you for your kind words, I was so new to quilting then, I was pretty clueless. I can tell by the lost points it was still in sections, and just lain out. The blue was the border, and then I bound it in a darker blue. The white quilt, well yes, it is whole cloth, and beautifully hand-done. You should see the center designs, the outsides pale in comparison. No, I did not do that, and doubt I've the skill yet to even consider it. It was raffled off by a group of church ladies to donate the proceeds to good cause. The ticket sales only brought half of what they were wanting, and that was a modest five hundred dollars. So sad, so my dear husband dug deep in his pockets and found the remainder to bring them up to their goal, and bought that many tickets. LOL. So, this exquisite quilt was mine for $250. The tiniest hand stitiching you can imagine, and months and months of work.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

calliope...sounds like you have two gems...your husband and a beautiful quilt!

• triffid
    11 years ago

Lotto? Sounds interesting. How does this work?

T