Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

Another UFO off my list. (pic1)

toolgranny
11 years ago

I dragged this quilt top out of the drawer and quilted it up to give to my son for his office sofa. It was a mystery quilt done at a guild retreat several years ago and I liked the colors so much.

It's the first mystery quilt I've ever done that turned out well. I usually just put them away disgusted, and now won't do mysteries anymore without seeing a picture of the finished idea so I can choose better fabric. But this one surprised me.

This will be a nap quilt for a child waiting for Dad to get done with his work.

Comments (14)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Nice!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I like the colors also - perfect for a nap quilt! I really like your rounded edges on the binding!

"This will be a nap quilt for a child waiting for Dad to get done with his work." Boy oh boy - have I been there! Not easy for either one!

I am sure they both will enjoy the quilt.

• day2day
    11 years ago

Great quilt.
    I looked at your other post with the pic showing the closeup of the quilting.
    I am with the others...I love the swoops.
    I also like the dotted fabrics you used.
    I have always liked small-dot fabrics. I think your fabrics give the quilt a comfortable, cozy feel.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I'm with you on the mystery quilts, but this one did turn out good. Did you go with the colors they suggested? It's for sure a cozy nap quilt! Quilting is great!

SharonG/FL-IN

• polardream
    11 years ago

nicely done! I'm sure they will both love it.
    Sue

• msmeow
    11 years ago

It's great! Nice "masculine" look to it. I also like the rounded corners.

Donna

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Very handsome quilt and lovely quilting. I hadn't noticed the rounded corners until Donna mentioned them, but I really like them too. Nice job. Lois

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I like it too. The colours work well together.
    Theresa

• User
    11 years ago

I think it turned out beautifully!!! It's really pretty, thanks for sharing a pic. :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I am the same about mysteries and this one turned out gorgeous! I think it is perfect for a lawyer's office sofa.
    Rosa

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

I think this one turned out very well! And kudos to you for getting another UFO out of the closet.

I'm with you one Mystery quilts... I decline to do them anymore as well.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I have never done a mystery quilt because I like to know the results as well but this one turned out great. Interesting pattern and the fabric choices are perfect. Would like to know more about the rounded corners they look like fun way to go. Very nice. TFS

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That is really striking. The dots are so subtle the fabrics almost read as solids. Very nice indeed.

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

This is a really cheerful quilt. Primary colors with white always looks fresh and upbeat. Your quilting is beautiful. Congrats on finishing a UFO.
    Thanks for showing.
    Vasu