Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Canada Day

Posted by nannykins (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 12:03

To all of us in Canada
And an early wish for a peaceful, happy July 4th for our American cousins.
Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Canada Day

Thank you Theresa!! and I hope your holiday weather is cooler than ours!!! The closest I have gotten to Canada was through EPCOT lol and I love the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I hope to one day see them in person.

While I am so glad we have reason to celebrate our Independence, the heat and humidity makes it my least celebrated holiday! We run outside to put up flags - and run back inside.

When my children were smaller I would fight the traffic to take them so see fireworks - sometimes getting home after midnight and getting up early the next day for work.

Now it is a peaceful, home in the AC celebration lol!
Rosa

o

I'm not a Canadian, but I've enjoyed my two visits to Canada plue the Canadians I worked with many moons ago...so to all in Canada.....Happy Canada Day!

o

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian forum members. Yours is a beautiful country. We visited Banff several years ago, and it was spectacular. We visited friends in Nakusp, BC, too. What a lovely spot. And I've been fishing up at Reindeer Lake. It's a pleasure sharing a border with you. Lois from Minnesota

o

Being an American citizen and a landed immigrant in Canada I enjoy celebrating both holidays! Here in Ontario, we are also experiencing a heatwave but it nicer today with lower humidity. We usually go to the fireworks display but our daughter is not home this summer and our son always went but never really enjoyed it so DH and I are trying to decide if we will even go this year. He has the week off and I don't have to work until 10am so the time isn't really a deciding factor. I think I would just like to watch the televised version from Ottawa! Happy Canada and Independence Days!!

o

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadians friends!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here