Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOTTO 2014 - July

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 11:23

Welcome to the July LOTTO!
Happy Canada Day on July 1st!
Happy Independence Day on July 4th!

The lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. It's good practice and the winner will appreciate your efforts! Typically, the winner receives enough blocks to complete a nice size quilt. It could be YOU!

July - MID YEAR - This month we'll do Dewey's Victory block in deep red/maroon, medium or dark blue, and cream (NOT white). More cool, classic colors to get us through the hot days of summer. Please, no white and no light blues or pinks.

Link to Dewey's Victory block

Here's our inspiration picture for this month to help guide your color selection. If your blocks would look good with this image, then they'll look good with everyone's blocks.
 photo 25d4fece-3a40-4e7b-85dd-7dac530647f9_zpsd7ff4248.jpg

And here are some completed blocks. Note: these all have the outer star in red and the inner pinwheel in blue but you can reverse that if you want and do a blue star with a red pinwheel.
 photo photo_zpsc58b25e5.jpg

The details:
- Each month there will be a designated block or theme; you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks.
- All blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation.
- Please include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- If possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block. This is not a requirement, just a request.
- All blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing, unless you request that your name not be entered. Some months you might want to participate, but don't really want to win the blocks. That's OK.
- You have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Mail your block(s) to Valarie [littlehelen]. She will manage the collection of blocks and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.

Kate
Happy quilting!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOTTO 2014 - July

Hi...here are my July blocks, made back in January during a snow storm if I recall.
I did not follow the red / blue center rule, but I didn't follow the blue center rule in the depression block either...(actually, I just started sewing with the colors selected and well...I did not paid heed to color arrangement...oops) .I'm such a rebel, but that's kinda fitting for July, right :-)

I think these will work anyway...Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

V.

o

They'll definitely work! Very nice !

o

Liking those Val!
Theresa

o

My July blocks are ready for the mail.
Theresa

o

Yay !! I am the luckiest! I got home from sister Beth's yesterday to find the beautiful blocks to play with....now what to do? Anyway thanks to all who participated, especially to Valarie for all her work. I love quilting! Bye, gotta go play!!

o

I have 3 blocks that will go in the mail on Monday.
Sue

o

three, ready for mail on Monday

o

Here we go...20 blocks.......anyone on line please select a number between 1 and 16 inclusive....

o

Theresa here! Try number 16.

o

Thank you Theresa...number 16 is none other than Kate...Congratulations! This is your lucky year K8...you should play your winning numbers in the Florida Lottery...I'm just sayin...

Congrats!

o

That is going to be a great looking quilt! Congratulations Kate.
Theresa

o

oooo NICE take, Kate!! those are beautiful... Congrats!!!!!

o

No no no! I've won too recently! Please draw again!

Kate

o

No way, fair is fair!
Theresa

o

Then these will become a Quilts of Valor quilt.

But take my name out of all the rest of the drawings this year.

o

Congrats Kate! And making a QOF is really an awesome use of the blocks.

Sue

o

Kate, Perfect solution for these blocks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here