Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

LOTTO 2014 - July

K8Orlando
9 years ago

Welcome to the July LOTTO!
Happy Canada Day on July 1st!
Happy Independence Day on July 4th!

The lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. It's good practice and the winner will appreciate your efforts! Typically, the winner receives enough blocks to complete a nice size quilt. It could be YOU!

July - MID YEAR - This month we'll do Dewey's Victory block in deep red/maroon, medium or dark blue, and cream (NOT white). More cool, classic colors to get us through the hot days of summer. Please, no white and no light blues or pinks.

Link to Dewey's Victory block

Here's our inspiration picture for this month to help guide your color selection. If your blocks would look good with this image, then they'll look good with everyone's blocks.

And here are some completed blocks. Note: these all have the outer star in red and the inner pinwheel in blue but you can reverse that if you want and do a blue star with a red pinwheel.

The details:
- Each month there will be a designated block or theme; you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks.
- All blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation.
- Please include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- If possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block. This is not a requirement, just a request.
- All blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing, unless you request that your name not be entered. Some months you might want to participate, but don't really want to win the blocks. That's OK.
- You have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Mail your block(s) to Valarie [littlehelen]. She will manage the collection of blocks and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.

Kate
Happy quilting!

Comments (17)

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Hi...here are my July blocks, made back in January during a snow storm if I recall.
    I did not follow the red / blue center rule, but I didn't follow the blue center rule in the depression block either...(actually, I just started sewing with the colors selected and well...I did not paid heed to color arrangement...oops) .I'm such a rebel, but that's kinda fitting for July, right :-)

I think these will work anyway...Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

V.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They'll definitely work! Very nice !

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Liking those Val!
    Theresa

• nannykins
    9 years ago

My July blocks are ready for the mail.
    Theresa

• patty314
    9 years ago

Yay !! I am the luckiest! I got home from sister Beth's yesterday to find the beautiful blocks to play with....now what to do? Anyway thanks to all who participated, especially to Valarie for all her work. I love quilting! Bye, gotta go play!!

• polardream
    9 years ago

I have 3 blocks that will go in the mail on Monday.
    Sue

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

three, ready for mail on Monday

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Here we go...20 blocks.......anyone on line please select a number between 1 and 16 inclusive....

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Theresa here! Try number 16.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Thank you Theresa...number 16 is none other than Kate...Congratulations! This is your lucky year K8...you should play your winning numbers in the Florida Lottery...I'm just sayin...

Congrats!

• nannykins
    9 years ago

That is going to be a great looking quilt! Congratulations Kate.
    Theresa

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

oooo NICE take, Kate!! those are beautiful... Congrats!!!!!

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No no no! I've won too recently! Please draw again!

Kate

• nannykins
    9 years ago

No way, fair is fair!
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Then these will become a Quilts of Valor quilt.

But take my name out of all the rest of the drawings this year.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Congrats Kate! And making a QOF is really an awesome use of the blocks.

Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Kate, Perfect solution for these blocks!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living