Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

Quilt top finally finished (pic)

toolgranny
14 years ago

I finally finished one of my UQTs sitting here. It's a Broken Dishes pattern with sashings and intended to be lots of brown because it hangs in a room with brown antiques.

Those are 8" blocks so you can get a feel for size. I generally do wall hangings except for a baby gift now and then. It sure looks better on the wall than sitting in the pile.

Comments (22)

• imrainey
    14 years ago

Just BEAUTIFUL! I just love traditional.

Can you take a detail shot of a couple blocks. I'd love to see more of the color but what I see is very cohesive and tranquil.

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll try this. Not very good with new laptop yet.

• ginnie5
    14 years ago

I love the colors!

• solstice98
    14 years ago

It's beautiful! Congrats on getting it finished.

• barbara_in_pa
    14 years ago

wonderful quilt, don't you just love it when something is no longer a UFO??
    The colors and pattern is really nice,well suited to your room.
    BARBARA

• rosajoe_gw
    14 years ago

Linda it is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! What line are the gorgeous fabrics??
    Rosa

• mrseldoo
    14 years ago

Linda,
    I absolutely LOVE it! Beautiful!

The quilting looks great too!

• jck1210
    14 years ago

It's beautiful!!!! I really the feeling the colors evoke. I have to ask does the pattern call for HST's or hourglasses? I've just started an hourglass top and now its all I see.

• imrainey
    14 years ago

So glad you showed us more detail. I see you used PLAID! I love plaid and I think the traditional blocks are a great use for them.

The soft teals and browns go wonderfully together and the border fabric just makes it sing!

Well done. You must be so pleased.

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fabrics are bits and pieces from my stash, thrift store and Joanns probably. I started it when I was first learning to quilt and quickly learned how critical that 1/4" seam is when you make a block with lots of little pieces. None of my points came out the same and square. I hide it nicely, don't you think?

JCK1210, this is the pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: Broken Dishes block

• damascusannie
    14 years ago

LOVE it! The border fabric is awesome and you did a great job with the quilting!

• sunnycentralfl
    14 years ago

Great Job, Linda! I love it because: it used up lots of scraps, the border compliments it so well, You can check off 1 more UFO and the wide sashing makes it look great!

Congratulations!
    Gwen

ps- on another matter: thanks for the comments to the person about the quilt rack--good observation!

• love2sew
    14 years ago

That is a wonderful quilt and the border is outstanding. You make a pattern "broken Dish" that I could never get in love with grab my heart. You have done just a wonderful job on the quilting as well.
    Jean

• salijo
    14 years ago

Very pretty! It has a nice retro feel to it, but still looks fresh and not outdated!

Salijo

• biwako_of_abi
    14 years ago

It's lovely, and that border is just right. I love that fabric!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    14 years ago

Linda, Excellent job of putting bits and pieces together to get this great looking quilt. I think looking at what we did in the beginning lets us know how far we've come and puts a smile on our face. @:)

Sharon

• lots2do
    14 years ago

Wow, toolgranny,
    this is a real gem! It deserved to be finished up!
    Thanks for sharing,
    lots2do

• nanajayne
    14 years ago

Congratulations on a job well done. I love traditional quilts and especially when they are scrappy from your stash. The border fabric is perfect to bring it together.
    If you don't point out the imperfections no one would notice. I love it. Jayne TFS

• grammyp
    14 years ago

All those QSTs, wow. Nice job, love the quilt.

beverly

• fran1523
    14 years ago

That is lovely. My kind of quilt. I've saved it as an inspiration for a future project.

• karpet
    14 years ago

That is beautiful! And I love that border!
    Karlene

• itsmesuzq
    14 years ago

What a gorgeous quilt!! I love the colors and the fabric choices. It has an Amish look to it and I think those a beautiful quilts.

I am in awe of your talents and skills - good job!! And thanks so much for sharing.

Susan

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County