Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Weekend plans?

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I hope to quilt the quilt I loaded on the frame last week and to clean the pool. I think the pool will come first! It is supposed to get warmer and more humid today.

Are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (11)

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Just continuing on the sampler. I am now up to sashing. That should go fairly fast. I say "should"
    Theresa

• calliope
    12 years ago

I'm treading water in berry juice.....and going down for the third time. The black raspberries came on and the red raspberries started ripening before I was done with the black raspberries and the blueberries chimed in. Now the acres of wild blackberry bushes are turning ripe and I am still picking red raspberries. I have jellies, I have pies, I have ice cream topping and pancake sirups, and I just stuck pans of red raspberry Italian ice (grenata) into the freezer for a hot weather treat later tonight.

Meanwhile, I am sneaking upstairs for an hour a day or so to stitch the seams in the backing of the blue/white quilt I started last winter......was going gang-busters on...and then stopped when greenhouse season started in earnest.

The veggie garden still needs attention as well......and I am battling for what is ripening with rabbit and g'hogs. As soon as the corn starts coming on, they'll be joined by the deer and racoons and I still don't have an electric fence up.

• nannykins
    12 years ago

OOH raspberries, my favourite!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I worked on Aunt Marty's quilt this morning and it's ready to sew the binding on...maybe tomorrow. I have the first border on the crumby D9P quilt with the second (and last) border cut and ready for some gumption to kick in. Think I'll work on some blue stars later on....probably just get them cut and kitted.

Heading over to DD's in about an hour for an evening of cards, laughter and bonding time.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I'm going to Calliope's house! It all sounds good but when she got to the part about toppings for ice cream and pancakes I started packing!

I am hoping to get a couple more of the paper pieced blocks done for the tavern signs quilt. I like paper piecing but I'm not very fast at it. Maybe I'll get one more birthday block checked off the list, now that I picked up the right fabric for it.

Kate

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

I'm heading to Calliope's too. The DH said he'll come harvest for you!

Actually, it is so freakin' hot here, (13 days over 100 degrees in a row, and 32 over 100 this year) we've been asked to reduce power consumption between 3 - 7 pm. I go out to my shop early, sew for a while, and then I shut everything down. I just can't justify running that A/C unit except in the morning.

So a bit of sewing, a bit of swimming, and trying to plan food that requires no cooking, LOL.

• calliope
    12 years ago

Requires no cooking? Mary, you should just be able to set the pots outside and let them slow roast on a sidewalk.

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

I moved my son back home yesterday after 7 weeks of camp working as a counselor. I refuse to open up his foot locker. I am afraid his clothes might crawl out.

Now I am off to do some weeding before it gets ridiculous outside.

Rebecca

• wynative
    12 years ago

The baby quilt is finished :D I needed a gift for a friends granddaughter's shower so this is Miss Addison Elizebeth's quilt . . .
    {{!gwi}}

and the back
    {{!gwi}}

Just 'stitch in the ditch' but it is my very first that i have done from start to finish! I usually have the quilting done by an elderly lady with a long arm but she is no longer with us :( I did this with just my little machine and need to start seriously looking for another quilter for the 2 kings that are to be finish by Christmas.

Calliope - I wish I was in your shoes! My garden is so poor this year - way to much rain, most of the seeds rotted in the ground, the grasshoppers are having fun with what is left and hardly any sunny days yet this summer.... I love Raspberry and Blackberrys :D would you be offering starts in the future for trade or postage? If so, please email me at: grammeg66@gmail.com thanks!

Marie

• calliope
    12 years ago

Marie.........yes, I would on red raspberries......they were very promiscuous I guess and filled in all the isles. I'll be digging them out in early fall and you may have to remind me or I'll try to make a note of it. The black raspberries are multiplying, but I need to double the size of that patch before I start removing them. I use the blackberries, because they're so plentiful but they're a huge, wild stand and if I were to be planting blackberries, I'd want cultivated varieties and not wild ones.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Gorgeous quilt Marie, I love the backing fabric. We had a nice weekend, were due for lots of rain, but it passed us by. It was overcast and cool enough for me to control the weeds in the front, the back will have to wait. It is 90 today and tommorrow will be back to 97+ heat index so no yard work.
    I made peach jam, tomatoes and onions in freeze. Want to make cherry chocolate preserves today.
    Rosa

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!