Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
denim 3D pinwheels (pics)

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 11:10

I was given about 3 yards of 'see thru' muslin and I had a lot of jeans left over from the raggedy charity quilts. I personally think they are too heavy and stiff, but the teens love them!! I pressed the seams open, no batting, and it is going to be backed with robe fabrics I got on sale for $1 a yard, you know the kind that everything clings to lol!!! To be used as a picnic blanket. It is 80 in length and I was going for square but I may go with 60x80 just to get finished with it!!!!!!!!
Rosa

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: denim 3D pinwheels (pics)

Rosa~ and you didn't think you had anything interesting to post!!!! LOL

I count on you to share great ideas you find on blogs and techniques! You have enlightened & enriched my quilting world!

I love the 3D pinwheels - great idea to combine them with old jeans!

o

Thank you Marsha!!!! I love this forum and the warm members are always here to help and support. Tired of denim lol!!!!!!
Rosa

o

Wow! How cleaver of you, Rosa! That is pretty and you got a bargain to boot! Smart Lady!

THX for posting!
Gwen

o

Good job!!

o

Great place to use up the denim. Perfect for a picnic quilt and not bad looking to boot! The price was right that's for sure. TFS

o

Love It !!!!!!
bopeep

o

It's a great quilt!
Linda OH

o

Looks great!

~Geraldine

o

Rosa! I used that PJ stuff on the ba k of a wall hanging and its getting balls on it fro washing it (Botto row of keyboard is going bad) :)

o

Lookin' good, Rosa. I made a crazy patch jeans quilt once....used those big bandana squares for a backing. Yup...too heavy for me.

SharonG/FL

o

I really like it! Love the little back pocket and embroidery bits too. Are the white parts muslin? If so, how did you stiffen them so the denim didn't make them buckle?

o

Marti,
The white is muslin that is very thin. I don't know what the person could have used it for. I can't throw anything away so I used some of it as pot holder backings, but I had to double it to get it thick enough! I washed and starched the fabric and it is so light it doesn't really add much weight to the quilt. A friend suggested using it like cheesecloth lol!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here