Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Donkeys in Wellies quilt pics

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 11:01

Stand by! First time I'm doing this on my iPad Air - and it's the blind leading the blind!

The baby quilt for my niece expecting any day now, a little boy:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Blurry close-up of the donkeys:

And the backing:

As you can see, this was a very easy design to make: simple plain 6-inch blocks to feature the adorable donkey fabric alternated with simple pieced blocks using the "boot" fabric, the "rain" fabric, and other bright read-as-solid fabrics in my color choices for the quilt. I had difficulty finding a gray fabric to use as the border, but the print is actually a "downpour" of white raindrops on gray! The black inner border helps to set off the body of the quilt from the border and more black is found in the donkey and boot fabrics. I'm happy with it.

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Donkeys in Wellies quilt pics

What adorable fabric and what a darling quilt! I love your color choices, and what a coup finding the grey fabric with raindrops. You did a great job and have every reason to be happy with it. Lucky little boy.

o

Teresa, it's adorable! I love the donkey fabric. :)

Donna

o

It turned out really cute! Love the pops of color in the larger blocks accented by the donkey rainboots. Congrats on finishing it.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Very cute...I can see a toddler holding on to his quilt during nap time!
V.

o

You should be happy! It's adorable. What a wonderful gift and a great use of the fabrics.
LindaB/CA

o

What cute fabric, Teresa! Sometimes even the quilter can play 'I spy' in the fabric dept, put some awesome things together and make our day!! Great coordinating job and very neat quilt!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Cute!Cute!Cute! And another boy in your family ~LOL~
The donkey is the most adorable fabric I have seen in a long time. You are such a good Auntie!

o

That is so cute! The donkey fabric is adorable.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

How very cute! One lucky little boy!

o

That is adorable Teresa. And gray is a very in color right now.

o

Well, maybe that is why my niece registered all this gray baby stuff? None of us could figure it out - gray onesies, gray sleep saques, a really cute stuffed gray elephant, etc.

Baby Jacob was born Monday at 1:44 a.m., 8 lb. 9 oz. and 21.5 inches long. I got to see him and hold him Monday evening - so precious! It has been a long time since I last held a day old infant. Very special!

Teresa

o

Congrats Teresa!!! And Welcome to the very fashion forward Baby Jacob! Gray is totally IT!

o

Congrats on new baby Jacob who everyone is sure to spoil rotten-even you!
I love gray and I'm happy to see how popular it has become.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here