Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

well.....it had to happen someday....

teresa_nc7
10 years ago

It appears I have lost a baby quilt somewhere in my house. I have looked and looked and I can not find it anywhere. We are having an arts and crafts showing tomorrow afternoon at the office where I work so I have gathered a bunch of quilts and handwoven items to display. I knew this quilt was finished and photographed because I had it listed in my etsy shop and now I can't find it. So I just now unlisted it on etsy.

arrrgh........
Teresa

Comments (20)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Oh, gosh, Teresa, I hope it turns up! Maybe you sold it and don't remember? :) Just kidding. It's really frustrating when you can't find something!

Donna

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

I hope you find it. I tore my closet apart looking for a baby quilt before I remembered that I gave it to my grandson.
    Linda OH

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

I can so empathize with you...I lose stuff all time...my momma always told me to say a prayer to st.anthony and I'd find it...it works just about every time....I'm not a religious person, but me and st. anthony get along real well :-)
    I'll say a prayer for ya...
    V.

• mary_c_gw
    10 years ago

Sorry about that Teresa -

But you know what? It'll be in the very last place you look.

SO FRUSTRATING!!

I haven't lost a quilt yet - but I know there is a 2 yard cut of solid gray fabric in my studio - and I CAN'T FIND IT.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Usually, when this happens to me.....(if I ever find "it" - in that special place :) - I know I've looked in the found spot over and over, but for some reason, I just couldn't see "it" - probably due to my panic state of mind!
    Hope you find it soon Teresa, and get it back in your Etsy shop!

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Really relate. So sorry it's lost and hope it turns up. Usually I find the thing I lost after searching in vain for something else I lost ;-(

Currently can't find a butterfly quilt pattern I know I have. At one point I think it was with all the fabrics to make it, but can't find them either!

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I am sure you put it away in a very safe and special place so you would know right where to fined it. I go though the same thing every time I straighten up the sewing room.
    Send in one of the youngsters... they find everything.
    Good luck.

• buteau3rd
    10 years ago

You will find this......but not until you are looking for something else.
    These posts sure made me feel better.....not alone!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Ha! Another thing we all have in common!

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I am so sorry it's missing! It's sure to turn up eventually.

At least I hope it does! I lost a completely cut out (queen sized) red white and blue log cabin quilt. It was packed in a small brown box (can still visualize it!) and somehow got lost during a move.

• gininmn
    10 years ago

Teresa, so sorry about this. I also understand because I lose/misplace more things than I like to admit to. Sometimes it's short-term but sometimes it takes me ages to find missing item. Often just stumble across it. Sometimes it's in a place where I've looked and I find it ifficult to figure how I could have missed it. Other things, like a cute animal panel for a baby quit along with the fabrics for sashes and border and backing that I bought years ago in case someone close had a baby. Well, a niece and nephew later and still can't find. aaagh!

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woo Hoo! The quilt that was lost is now found! Ummm....er..... it was at the office with the other quilts I took in earlier last week............ doh! (with a doh! slap for good measure)

I saw a cute avatar on Ravelry recently:

it is the image of a robot, square head, square body, square eyes and nose, no mouth; the caption reads

I can not BRAIN today
    I have the DUMB

It made me laugh out loud when I read it, but now I know how it feels.

And St. Anthony answered my prayer, Valerie!

Teresa

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations!!I am so happy it was right where you left it....

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yep, and I didn't even have to look for it at the office - it was hanging right there in plain sight when I went to the area where the Monday Mingle was held - hanging there with my 6 other quilts and my handwoven baby blanket and scarf! It was right where it was supposed to be! (I knew I had seen it recently.....another doh!)

Teresa

• nannykins
    10 years ago

That St. Anthony is a good guy. He always finds me good parking spots in large lots, close to the stores.
    So glad the lost has been found.
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Fantastic that it's found!
    LindaB/CA

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

I 'hate' when that happens. ;)

Faye

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Now you need to put it back up on Etsy.

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, Linda! Just as soon as I can take a pic of the baby blanket I wove last week.

An aside: after the Monday Mingle, one of the guys in our office made a special trip to the reception desk to tell me that he was "blown away" by my quilts. He especially like the bluework and patchwork quilt. Such a good feeling to have that feedback.

Teresa

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Teresa~I hope you told that guy you would be happy to make a special quilt for him! It is very nice he made a point to talk to you and praise your work ~ that had to keep you smiling for the rest of the day!
    If you took pictures of the exhibit, I would love to see them.