Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Easy Street almost complete!

jackier123
10 years ago

I have my Easy Street almost complete. I am going to add a few borders, one of them is a pieced border. My husband has already claimed this one. This is a Bonnie Hunter Mystery that is coming out in her next book. My cousin came by the other day and saw it on my design wall. She said "That quilt should be called the Happy Quilt, it just makes me happy to look at it."

Jackie

Comments (20)

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

You don't pick 'easy' quilts ever, do you???

I like it! Even I might be able to do something as organized-scrappy as that is. It looks nice!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jennifer,

Believe it or not, this one is really easy. The way Bonnie divides it up into steps, even a beginner quilter could do this.

Jackie

• day2day
    10 years ago

Jackie, your quilt is lovely!
    My DH would like a quilt with these colors and design so I can see why your husband claimed it.
    It looks too complicated for me to try.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• sunnycentralfl
    10 years ago

Jackier 123,
    I am so proud of you...all those pieces and it turned out just beautiful....congratulations...job well done. Love your color choices!

Gwen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

That would be a great QOV, Jackie! Good job!

I like the organized/controlled scrappy quilts better, too, Jennifer. I heard Bonnie say that she isn't a pull it out of the bag and use it kind of scrappy quilter...or words to that effect.

Geraldine, Too complicated? I'm thinking about a challenge for New Year's Day.....if I remember. Make a small quilt, or a few blocks, of a pattern that I like but have never made simply because it intimidates me. I might have to start a new board on Pinterest to start keeping track. lol

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Sharon, how about making 1-2 blocks of each 'wanna try' designs, but do them all in the same fabrics. Then when you get a bunch done, turn it into a Sampler lap quilt. That way you find a use for them, they coordinate together, and it's not too big.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

That sounds like a winner, Jen!

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

It like the pattern and you did a great job putting it together. Trying to figure out the block arrangement, still not sure beyond it may be set on point...Love scrappy.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Jackie, it's great! I love your colors. Bonnie does a great job with breaking her patterns into easy steps. And she loves her on point settings, doesn't she?

Donna

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Jackie, it's great! I love your colors. Bonnie does a great job with breaking her patterns into easy steps. And she loves her on point settings, doesn't she?

Donna

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

It's a beautiful quilt, but that looks like a LOT of piecing. I have never pieced with that many pieces. Congrats on the progress you are making on your quilt. TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Great quilt! It does look really difficult. How long did all the piecing take?

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I really like your colors! I followed along ~ reading only~ LOL
    It was a good mystery, how it all came together so nicely, and I liked this one. Did you buy very much fabric for it?
    Your husband has claimed a winner!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did this totally out of my scraps and stash. The only thing purchased will be the backing. The piecing really did not take that long. I have been working on it for a couple months in between quilting a backlog of tops. I have quilted 6 quilts since getting the longarm a couple months ago. I work a full-time day job and teach 3 nights per week, so I do not really have that much time left, if that gives you any indication of how long it took. There are 8 steps to the mystery and Bonnie had it broken down into doable parts. If I had started when she posted the mystery I could have kept up with each clue that she posted each week.

Jackie

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Happy definitely, but easy??? Look at all those points!
    It's beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it progress with the addition of borders.

Your schedule, sans any quilting sound exhausting!
    LindaB/CA

• grammyp
    10 years ago

I will arm wrestle your hubby for it. I love it, and it would make a great QOV quilt.

beverly

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Wow Jackie ... It's really lovely, and lively! Well done!
    V.

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Gorgeous Jackie! I saved this mystery and it is on my to do list. Yours is much prettier than the original.
    Rosa

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Very beautiful, Jackie. You must be a piecing wizard!

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Beautiful! It does look complicated though -- very nice job, Jackie!

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions