Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not a winner at APQS (sad face)

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 10:33

I didn't win :'~((

I've been entering the APQS Long Arm Give-away (again) but saw this on their site today:

photo CropperCapture317_zps07f1eb61.jpg

I didn't get a call yesterday so I guess I didn't win. I don't think I want a long arm but I sure would love to have a sit down extended arm machine. I bet they would let me turn in the long arm on a smaller machine if I won!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not a winner at APQS (sad face)

Oh, too bad, Kate! Maybe next year. :)

Donna

o

I'll keep trying!

o

Kate, I think you need a sit-down machine. You would be so good at it. I've seen what you've done on your DSM. I'm having so much fun with the Tiara. I can't wait to make a quilt that I can just fool around with - one that I will keep, so if I screw up, it won't matter. I know that they say, practice, practice, but I've never been very good at that. I just like to "do," not "practice." So if I just keep "doing," eventually it will be like "practicing," right?

o

Awwww, sorry Kate. Just go buy yourself a Tiara like Lois did. It sounds like she's having a ball.....I think my sister needs one, too, so she can quilt my quilts......or I can learn and get them done when I visit. lol

SharonG/FL

o

Kate, I didn't win either...so don't feel bad. I think Sharon has the best suggestion for you Kate...just go buy a Tiara!
V.

o

well, shoot. I didn't get a call either...I was religious about entering that contest!!! (I would have stored the machine at Kate's house or my sisters' because I don't have room.)

o

And then all of us Floridians would have visited Kate! LOLOLOL

o

This sounds like a plan!

o

I didn't win either - it was a woman from Marion, Ohio. Doesn't seem fair! My DH even enters religiously - I think he figures if he wins he will be set for life for gifts for me!

Sue

o

Kate, let us know when you win! Maybe that will finally get all of us Florida quilters together. LOL

Sue, too funny! Doesn't he know he'd have to keep buying you stuff for the long arm? Pantographs, rulers, thread, etc. :)

Donna

o

Me either, for the 3rd give away in a row. Let's have a loser's party!

beverly

o

Beverly's response reminds me of the year my daughter was in Gr.11 and the senior prom was on. They did allow this class to go if they wished. However, DD and friends got together for a "Boo -Hiss party". Obviously they had not been invited.
Theresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here