Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New On-line Fabric Source?

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 10:12

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this web seller and have never used them!

Maybe some of you already know about this one but I just stumbled across it today. It's called Discount Sewing Supply. Have you used them? Are the fabrics OK?

I was looking for patriotic fabric for the QOV when I found their jelly rolls. I love some of the unusual and pretty color combinations, like the purple/yellow or pink/green or brown/teal/turquoise. Their jellies are only 20 strips instead of 40, with the expected reduction in price, so you wouldn't get stuck with a bunch of left over strips you can't use.

If you've ordered from them, please share information and let us know if it's worth a try!

Thanks,
Kate

www.discountsewingsupply.com/colors/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New On-line Fabric Source?

I haven't dealt with them before, but I did just deal with fabricshack.com for the first time this past week, and had a great experience!

o

Have never seen this site before.

I've discovered that most JR strips are basically $1.00 a strip. Do the math.....I don't know that it's ever 'worth' it, but sometimes I cannot resist. @:)

SharonG/FL-IN

o

At $16.99 they are about $12.22 per yard.
The advantage is the variety of fabrics, no waste,and time.
Disadvantage is limited choice of patterns that they are used in and with added postage they are a little expensive.
I have never ordered from them but the fabric choices seem pleasant and useful. Tempting but would like to beable to have the same fabrics in different size pkgs.

o

I just noticed that mybluebamboo.com has a lot of their $10-$12 fabric on sale for $4-$5 per yard.

o

Thanks Lois! I like Blue Bamboo!

o

OMW!!!! Of course they'd wait til I left town to do that!!! I'm going to check for JR's. heh heh heh

Here is a link that might be useful: close to where Lois lives!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here