Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bernina 150

Posted by spinart (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 11 at 10:08

Trying to finish a quilt and am having problems with machine quilting it. Started out fine. Using my walking foot. I am getting uneven stitches. Seems like every once in a while, the bobbin thread is not catching the top thread. I have rethreaded both the top thread and bobbin, changed the thread, cleaned the machine, changed the needle and nothing has resolved the problem. I can take the machine into the quilt shop, but of course, I am trying to finish the quilt in the next two weeks and am afraid I will lose too much time!

I'm not experienced enough to diagnose the issue. Any help on what is causing the problem and if it is an easy fix I can do at home. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bernina 150

can't seem to find your address on the page, so will answer here:
I'm also having tension problems on my old Viking Rose. It did help to change to a Topstitch needle and set tension to 7 for freemotion quilting...then someone suggested to use monofilament thread...which I have avoided. They said mono has changed now and is soft and pliable. Old habits die hard, so am dragging my feet on trying this. Best of luck to you...let us know of your results.....Sunny

o
RE: Bernina 150

Thanks, Sunny. ended up taking the machine to my quilt shop. Probably needs a full service and timing adjustment. It's been longer than I remember having a tune up so I did leave it. However, I asked if they had a "loaner" that I could use while mine was in the shop. They graciously are letting me use a classroom machine and have been quilting since!

May have to try the monafilament thread for quilting. I am currently quilting a t-shirt quilt with white thread and am stumped how to quilt the t-shirt pieces, especially the dark color ones, without taking away from the t -shirt designs. After all, this quilt us all about the t-shirts. (and am not too confident about my quilting abilities!!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here