Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forest service quilt

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 10:04

We spent last week at my mom's so Tim could take the grands one at a time on an overnight canoe trip. Didn't have my machine but I took the strip twist blocks for the forest service quilt to work on. I got most of them cut apart and trimmed. Here are some of them laid out to test the pattern. This is about 1/3 of them. I still have to make the applique block with the names of the wilderness areas to go in the middle. I sent them a picture and they are pleased with it.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forest service quilt

Very nice, Beverly! Is that Bonnie Hunter's strip twist pattern?

Donna

o

Beverly, I really like that pattern, especially with all greens. I think it is a great way to use scraps of one or two colors. Looks like that one will go on my "to-do" list.

o

Putting it on my to-do list, too. First you got me started on depression block quilts and now this. I don't need books - I can just check to see what you've made lately.

Nice job. It would look great in any color palette.

o

Loving all that green. Good job.
Theresa

o

Thanks for the kind comments. I did forget to thank all my wonderful friends for donating their green strips and thread for my project. The Mary (at the forest service) couldn't believe I haven't spent any money yet.

Yes, Donna, it is Bonnie Hunter's strip twist pattern. The picture they brought me to see was black and white strips in a diamond pattern. It would have been way harder than I wanted to figure out, but they are happy with this one.

Linda and Lois, I do what I can to keep everyone busy.

beverly

o

Looks great!!

o

Turned out great! They will love it. You are so generous.

o

Lookin' good GF....as usual. And, as usual, you're doing a good job of keeping everyone else busy, too. lol

I have a list of Bonnie's free quilt patterns and marking them off as I go. I don't always like the colors or the scrappiness not being controlled, but I'm working my way through them and making them my way. I have completed or made the tops to 9 of them and have 3 or 4 as WIP.

SharonG/FL

o

Very nice Bev...i really like that pattern.
I wasn't able to send any strips this year...green was and still is not in my stash. Need to fix that!
V.

o

Hi,

Really nice, it's gonna be great! Wonderful contrast, graphic quality, not to mention some of my favorite colors. Just terrific, look forward to seeing it when done.

o

I think it looks really cool! Happy 4th of July!

Best to you,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here