Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lola99_gw

Quilt University closing

lola99
10 years ago

I heard some sad news today. Carol Miller, the founder of Quilt University, passed away last February after a short battle with cancer.

I always enjoyed the classes that I took at QU, and although I have not taken any classes in a few years (too many UFOs that need to be finished) I am sad that classes at QU will no longer be an option.

I am sad that Carol is no longer with us. I did not know her personally, but I was always amazed by the amount of energy and dedication that she put into making QU user friendly and accessible to everyone. I know a lot of people took classes at QU because they liked the convenience of on-line classes, but there were also people in rural locations where classes were not offered, or people who were care givers and could not get away for quilt classes, and QU was an excellent way to connect with other quilters and instructors.

Ruth Blanchet, one of the instructors at QU, has a website academyofquilting.com and apparently she is talking with some of the QU instructors about moving to her platform.

Comments (2)