Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

Two wall hangings finished

msmeow
12 years ago

I completed these tops several months ago. Got them quilted and bound this week!

Patches & Pinwheels:

Ocean Waves

Both patterns are from Quiltville.com

Donna

Comments (12)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Donna, I love them!!!! The Patches and Pinwheels will fit right in with the leaders and enders I'm doing! WooooHooo, just what I need....another project!!!! I'm addicted and can't help myself......but, it keeps me off the streets!

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    12 years ago

Lovely quilts!! I really like the Ocean Waves one...love the blue that you used. I've made 2 OW quilts but never a Patches and Pinwheels one although it is a pattern that I want to try.
    My 'to-try' list is a long one!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

those both are great. Love your colors. Good work.

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Really like the border fabric on the first quilt. I seem to shy away from larger prints but I must change my thinking because they do make quilts sparkle.
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting these! Both are wonderful. And I'll second Thersa's comment about the border - I love bold border prints, especially on scrappy quilts.

Donna, I've been thinking/planning to organize my scraps so I'm set up to do Bonnie Hunters leaders and enders, so this post is very encouraging for me. Do you mind sharing more information? How large are your blocks? 8"? Do you cut all your scraps to 2.5"? Are you sorting by color?

Kate

• fran1523
    12 years ago

They are both terrific. That patches and pinwheels is an interesting pattern with a lot of graphic appeal. Thanks for sharing.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

I love both of them! The patches and pinwheels would be a good pattern for a child. Someday, there will be an Ocean Waves quilt on my bed!

Teresa

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all! It was nice to get them finished.

Kate, my scraps are sorted by colors, but I don't cut them or trim them until I want to use them. Both patterns are basically Bonnies, but mine are different sizes. The P&P blocks are 4" finished, so the squares in the 16 patches are 1".

The OW HSTs are 1" finished, too...I think hers are 1-1/2". A lot of them came from projects where you do stitch & flip - put a square on a rectangle or square then sew a diagonal line and trim off the corner...well, you can't throw those away! LOL When I got out my baggie of HSTs to start on OW, I discovered a lot were already sewn in to squares.

Donna

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

1 inch?!?!?

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Nicely done. Love scrappy and both of these are wonderful examples of what can be done wit left overs. TFS

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

To me these quilts say "cheerful." Love the colors!
    Jeanne

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, Kate, I have a lot of little scraps! :)