Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryliz_gw

Fabric (and other stuff!) Adoption Agency

maryliz
16 years ago

Yes, this is the Adoption Agency for Quilter's Stuff. Of course, this means you can send out your fabric for adoption, whether ugly or just not your style. But don't forget rulers or other tools that you simply don't use. Why let it take up space in your quilting room when it might be used and loved by another person?

So post your photos. It's first come, first served. Work out any trades you wish, such as: the recipient will reimburse the donor for postage, or send specified fat quarters, or maybe a handmade pincushion, or whatever your little hearts desire.

The intention is to get unused stuff out of the house and into the hands of the person who will use it.

Comments (15)

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

I have a few yards of really 'creative' barnyard fabric. Has donkeys, chickens, and ducks on it! Free to the highest bidder!

• hayden2239
    16 years ago

LOL Jen, can you do that before the contest is over?

• maryliz
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, I decided it's OK, since the whole point of the "ugly" fabric contest is to declutter.

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Up for Adoption
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    email me to work out details. Put Adoption in the subject line so I know it is not spam.
    Suellen

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

You have mail:)

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

More info on my adoption kits. I might have someone taking this one if the size of the pieces isn't a problem. Pansy kit has very small pieces. Freezor paper with preprinted pattern (included) is used. {{!gwi}}
    The other kit has some appliqué
    Suellen

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

NO WAY JOSE'!!!!! ROFL! too complicated for me! It is a beautiful pattern though. Now, if was a chicken butt, I might have to think twice about it! :)
    Woodsy

• nana24
    16 years ago

Suellen,
    I have one from this company. It is an Iris, I think (can you tell it has been a while since I've actually looked at it?). I even started to work on it once and then put it away. Like Woodsy said lots of little pieces. I'm challenged to get it out and try again. Maybe in the fall.

It is really a beautiful pattern. I pp but this is a different technique than the one I usually use. I saw a lady demonstrating the technique at the Houston Quilt Show and she declared it was more accurate and easier. I wasn't convinced but I haven't really tried it yet.

Suellen, did you consider doing it?

Sally

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I took a seminar. I like pp and the technique is good but this is way too small for me. I've used the technique with bigger pieces. One problem if you want something to curve you have to use MORE pieces. Technique is all straight lines.

I was wrong the person is interested in adopting the Stained glass posie kit.

THE PP PANSY KIT IS STILL AVAILABLE! DOESN'T ANYONE WANT A CHALLENGE?

I want to see more up for adoption. I have more but I don't want to be the only one.

Woodsy you liked the chicken butt? To learn more about this see MY PAGE.
    Suellen

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Suellen, I'll adopt your pattern, if you don't expect to see it made up any time soon! I sent you an email.

Donna

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Next up for adoption is 4" squares.
    10 squares of each of the train prints, 7 of the solid blue and 2 of (bottom right)blue and black print.
    {{!gwi}}
    Suellen

Am I the only one trying to reduce UFO's?

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

The two flower kits have been adopted. The train squares are only waiting for the address of their new home.
    Suellen

• dragongoddess
    16 years ago

I will be posting a bunch of stuff tomorrow. I went through my entire stash and pulled out things I will never use.... I also figured out what I needed and want to trade for!

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I have been putting up new posts for my Adoptions. I'm not sure people go back and check when the adoptions are all on one post.
    Looking forward to see what you post.
    Suellen

• juju56
    16 years ago

Thank you jennifer_in_va, I got your fabric today. I loved it and have been planning quilts for it already.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations