Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

I received a wonderul gift yesterday!

Robbi D.
12 years ago

My hair dresser has a relative who has quit quilting and was looking for someone to donate all her fabrics to. My hair dresser told her about me and that I'm a fairly new quilter (which is what she was looking for!!!), so all her fabrics were delivered to me yesterday!! There are so many that are even cut out and ready to be sewn into a quilt! It was like hitting the lottery. There is Christmas fabrics, children's fabrics, so much to choose from. I now have something to pull from to go scrappy, too! Now.... where to begin!

Robbi

Comments (14)

• karpet
    12 years ago

Yeah Robbi! How exciting!
    Karlene

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Wonderful! I'm sure you will make good use of it. And you were able to give a gift to that former quilter too, because I'm sure she was thrilled to find someone who would appreciate her treasure!

Kate

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

What a treasure you have received. For a new quilter to be able to pull from a big stash is truly a blessing. Have fun with it.

• polardream
    12 years ago

WOOHOO! The fabric lottery jackpot. How lucky for you - I am sure you will enjoy have lots of fun with your new stash!
    Sue

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I'd say you have your own Fairy Quilt Godmother!
    I'm jealous! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy Quilt Godmother

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

The angels are smiling today!!Bless the former quilter who knew the right way to shead herself from a former love.
    I am so happy for you, what a wonderful surprise and exciting beginning.

• Robbi D.
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone! Yes, I feel very blessed :-)))) I hope tonight I might have some time to sort through it and see what I have. I was told there are strips ready to be put together for a log cabin quilt. I also saw baggies with lots of octagons cut out. I'm not sure what the plan was for those, but I'm sure I can find something!

Robbi

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Whooo hooooo! I love it when quilters are gifted with lots, and lots of fabric! I've received bountiful fabric gifts at least 3 times so far! Isn't it terrific!

Teresa

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Don't you just love hairdressers! The same thing happened to a friend of mine. She received boxes and boxes of fabric and patterns from someone she didn't know because her hairdresser knew that she quilts.

Have fun going through it all!

Mary

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Robbi Good for YOU!! How sweet she thought of you! & being a fairly new quilter, it's awesome to suddenly have a good 'stash'!!

ENJOY!!

• lola99
    12 years ago

Fantastic! What a wonderful gift.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Those octagons are for a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. That'll be english paper piecing, ie. hand project!

Congratulations!!

• User
    12 years ago

What a great gift. It must really have you motivated to sew. Let us know what you have made about Christmas time. Hope you have lots of fun.

• Robbi D.
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jennifer, when I was going through them, I found 3 that were sewn together. They had some "paper" in the middle and were hand sewn together. I'll have to look into how to do that because there are a bunch of them!

Also, there are a ton of strips already cut out. I was told they are for a log cabin quilt. From the amount of strips, it looks like I could do more than one quilt. And they are in all shades of the rainbow. She has them in trays divided up by colors, like one tray of blues, one tray of greens, that sort of thing. I'll have to really look closer to see what I have then decide what colors to use.

Going through them prompted me to sort through some of my materials and add them to what was there since they were already sorted out. Boy, what a stack! I'll try and take a picture and show you guys!! I actually spent most of the afternoon working on projects (embroidery) I found buried in my stash of stuff.

What fun!!

Robbi