Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Now I know why I like Scrappy

ritaweeda
9 years ago

Although the quilt I'm working on right now isn't scrappy for a change, I've realized why I love them so much. I've had a couple of scrap quilts on the bed for the last two seasons and I've come to realize that I have some kind of OCD thing where I can't leave the room without gazing at all those different little pieces of fabric. Is that weird or what?? I can go in there several times a day and still never tire of it. I've been watching Bonnie Hunter's quiltcam and the last quilt I finished I did the paper-pieced sashings on it. So many scraps and some from way back in the 80's when I first started quilting. I'll look at a particular piece of fabric and remember which quilt I bought it for or a piece of DH's deboned shirt in there. And so many of them I look at and think "what was I thinking??" The funny thing is, I've made several over the past couple of years (mostly with postage-stamp blocks in them) yet I still have 2 huge bins/bags full of scraps left! I need to sneak in there one night and find out what's going on in there.

Comments (3)