Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with label wording

Posted by dian57 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 8:29

I completed a baby quilt that I will be shipping to the midwest. This baby is the first grandchild of a friend of mine who passed away at 36, leaving 15 and 7 year old sons. The older boy was my son's best friend. They kept in touch when dad moved the family and he was in my son's wedding party.

Now comes a baby. I feel like a surrogate grandmother and know if the situation was reversed she would step up to do something special for me.

I want to make a label with the baby's name and something like, "Always wrap yourself in Grandma Ro's love," or "Grandma Ro is always a dream away."

I'm including a letter to the baby that describes her grandmother and the very special relationship she always had with her boys. I have some of her perfume and will dab a little on the letter--a gesture more for her son.

I need suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with label wording

It sounds like you have the perfect idea. I love "Always wrap yourself in Grandma Ro's love" and with the letter....
Thoughtful, special, meaningful and a gift that is so full of love.

o

I agree with Connie (through my tears). It can't get any better than "Always wrap yourself in Grandma Ro's love".

It's a beautiful, well thought out gift. I'm sure it will be cherished.

Kate

o

Bittersweet.....the perfume...OMG - bring on the tears....
If Grandma Ro is your friend who passed, perhaps add the word Angel somewhere.
"Always wrap yourself in Angel Grandma Ro's love" or
"Always wrap yourself in Grandma Ro's Angel Love"

Send kleenex with the package to catch the tears.
Your are the definition of BFF.

o
Here it is

Thanks for the idea of adding an angel reference. Yes, my friend was Rosanne or Grandma Ro as I assume she would choose to be called. Here's the finished quilt on my clearly-in-need-of-power-spraying patio. My longarm friend did a rocking horse quilting pattern on it. The baby's room is hot pink, white and lime green. A true labor of love.

Aaralyn Emery's quilt

o

It is beautiful~ I'm sure it is going to be hard to part with it. I hope making it, brought back sweet memories of your special friend.

o

I'm sure your quilt will be cherished and it fits right in with the color scheme. It's really great! You probably had a great time 'chatting' with your friend as you were making this quilt. At least that's what I did with my sister as I made a quilt for the grandson she never saw.....and she guided me beautifully. The label says it all and with the fragrance of her perfume, she will be remembered. A job well done.

SharonG/FL

o

Diana you really are the epitomy of BFF! I'm sure that baby's daddy will cherish the quilt as much as all his memories of his mother. What a beautiful gesture! - and a beautiful quilt!
What a blessing you are!!

o

Beautiful. . . sniff

o

Lovely quilt and touching story. What a wonderful thing you have done!

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here