Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

QOTD for July 6th

vicky4x4
12 years ago

Do you have a pattern you make over and over?

I have made several quilts more than once. I think the one I have made the most of it Bonnie Hunters Pine Apple Blossom. It makes a WONDERFUL scrappy quilt or using two colors it looks like stars.

Comments (13)

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

That is one thing I love about quilts, you can change the colors and get a whole new look in the pattern of the quilt! Your quilts are a perfect example. Beautiful, too! I especially like the second one. I might have to had that to my "to do" list!

Robbi

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

That second one is beautiful in blues and greens. This would be a great pattern for a jelly roll too, with some neutral color where you have the white and beige. I love the border too.

Kate

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Love your quilts. Beautiful as always, Vicky.

Only pattern I've made over and over is the hexigon kaleidoscope and that's really just a shape thing when I need a splash of color for a wall. I'd rather try something new each time. I mostly quilt to explore fabric, technique and pattern. Maybe I'm still exploring to FIND my favorite.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Love the blue and green quilt.
    I am still too new to have found my niche. I have made a Stack n Whack two times. Different pattern, but from the same book and technique. Also D9P.
    By nature, I don't like to do the same thing over, probably why I shy away from making quilts that want the same square made many times.
    I like to explore different techniques and not stay in my comfort zone.

• polardream
    12 years ago

Vicky - I love your quilts! I have never made the pinepple blossom but think I would like to after seeing yours!

I have made disappearing 9-patch and stack & whack hexagon stars over & over for quick & easy gifts.

Sue

• tdsully
    12 years ago

I've made 5 baby quilts all the same pattern but different colors so they didn't feel the same. I get bored doing the same blocks over and over. But when they are different colors its exciting to see the results. Tara

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Vicky, your quilts are beautiful! I love that pattern but haven't made it yet.

I tend to make a pattern one time only. I have SOOO many (grin) and there are so many more out there, I want to try as many as I can! I will make several quilts from the same book or designer, though.

Donna

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I seldom make the samething twice. The exception is the D9P which I find to be a quick and useful design. I like to explore like Linda. I enjoy new techniques and fabrics.
    Vicky, yout quilts a beautiful. I like the first one very much as it ties together so well--from the blocks to the points. Love it.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Sorry, I just realized I didn't answer the question. Guess I was too busy looking at the quilts. No, I don't make one pattern over and over. Actually, I don't believe I've ever used the same pattern twice. Although I get ideas and inspiration from quilts I've seen, I rarely use a pattern. Usually I'm making it up as I go. (Which explains why some of my quilts turn out so... odd.)

Kate

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

I have made bargello types in different color patterns. Once you do a pattern several times, it becomes a simple way to make a quick gift to give. You have all the bugs worked out of the pattern, and they become easier to do.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

I'm another that doesn't make the same thing twice. But I love Kaffe Fassett's "Bubble" quilt so much that I made three of them. Here are two:

I can't tell you how many shopping trips were spent looking for "bubble" fabrics!
    Teresa

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Those two Pineapple Blossom quilts are gorgeous, Vicky! I have a whole new appreciation of that block pattern now!

Teresa

• User
    12 years ago

Theresa, I've been searching for the Bubble pattern on the web and can't locate it. What book did you find it in? I'd love to try one.

Thanks, Dianne

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor