Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm Back!!!

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 8:24

Our phone and DSL lines have been down for a week, due to Storm Debby and the local station being under water, finally got back up this morning. I never knew how dependent we are on technology. We have cellphones but we live in a very weak signal area and have to go outside to even use it them at one bar. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm Back!!!

Glad to hear you are OK!

o

Rita~a vacation from technology! Not one I want to take:)
Glad you are back!

o

Talk about punishment! Although, it's a good 'time-out' for the kids......no TV, Ipods, music, games, cell phones or talking...just sit in a chair for an hour. heh heh heh

Glad you're back among us!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Glad to hear that things are slowly returning to normal. It is difficult to go back to a simpler time especially when you have never had the opportunity to have been there.lol.

o

I can stand a day or two, but a week would drive me nuts. I'm glad you are ok and things are getting back to "normal".

beverly

o

I remember the 4 back to back hurricanes we had in Central Florida. We lost power for a week - then lost it two more times when the next storms came through. We were lucky 'cause we didn't have that much in our freezer or frig to throw out. I missed my computer more than the TV lol!!!

Glad to hear you are back to normal!
Rosa

o

Ohhhh, Rosa! Please, don't remind me of that summer!

SharonG/FL-IN (where it's 98* and the heat index is 103* at 6:45pm)

o

OMG, the year was 2004. The hurricanes came at us one after another. I lost most of my trees but not the screen room I was HOPING the storms would take so we could have it replaced! It was a terrible time but it really brought our neighborhood together and we've all remained close since them.

Kate

o

I just got online this morning, after the storms tore through Ohio June 30th. Two storm related deaths in county so far, and still people without electric. Didn't even have cell phone service, and six days with no electric and over a 100 heat index. Am thankful for living in this old, old house..built well before electric was ever thought of. The pitcher pump in the kitchen got a real work-out. Power crews on 18 hour days in this heat never even thought about a holiday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here