Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QOTD July 2rd

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 7:32

What color do you use the most in your quilts?

I would have to say blue, although I have really moved into other colors I always return to blue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QOTD July 2rd

I keep coming back to blue, too, even when I don't mean to. I don't have any blue furniture. Only my bedroom walls are blue. But many of my projects use lots of blue in all shades.

I like all colors and want to use them all in my quilts!

o

I honestly don't think I am stuck on any one color. I have at least three large quilts that are shades of red, burgundy, salmon, and coral. For a while I was partial to greens. Hard to answer really.

o

I don't think I favor one color over another but blue sure seems to come up a lot.

SharonG/FL

o

I'm a multi-colored person myself. I think greens and blues show up more than others, though. I'm a very green person from bright lime greens to deep hand-dyed forest greens.

o

I like most colors but at the moment I am using lots of aqua/teal and browns. I think the pattern tells me what I want to use.

o

There isn't one color I use most, but I have accumulated more blues in my stash than any other color so I am trying to use blue in new projects. Purple is the color I have the least of and I like purple.
Karlene

o

I like purple too and made a batik color block quilt for a friend in all shade of plum. It was beautiful and really hard to give away!

o

Looking at my stash, I would have to say blue, too. I do like to use primary colors for kids quilts.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here