Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

QOTD July 25th

vicky4x4
12 years ago

Quilts are sometimes called eye candy...

Will you show us your most impressive "eye candy?"

This is my most impressive quilt, made as a wedding gift for my daughter and her new husband.

The Rose

Comments (12)

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Oh that is just amazingly beautiful

Theresa

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Just beautiful!
    Darlene

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Vicky, I don't have anything near the beauty of The Rose but this is something a bit different I did as a mystery that turned out pretty neat.

There should have been a quilt block on the side of that barn!

SharonG/FL

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I haven't made but 3 quilts and I wouldn't consider any of them "eye candy". If I ever finish the last few blocks (I'm not sure which ones to do!!) of my Baltimore Album quilt, I "hope" it will be eye candy. I'm very happy with the individual blocks and I get plenty of compliments on them. So, we'll see.....

Rosa, your quilt reminds me very much of my Baltimore Album quilt. Absolutely beautiful!!

Sharon, your quilt is beautiful, too. Did you do the show flakes in hand applique? I love doing those!! Is the bottom paper piecing?

Robbi

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

All of my impressive "eye candy" quilts are still in my head. But, I do enjoy seeing others!

Rebecca

• bozogardener
    12 years ago

{{!gwi}}

This was a quilt made for a friend with cancer a few years ago (he is in remission now, and it looks very good!). It was a simple pattern, but I like the way it turned out.

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Can't compete with that, Vicky. It is just amazing.

It's hard to choose one since none are that good. But, I think the one most people look twice at is my granddaughter's monster quilt, needleturn applique with embellishments.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I dont' think I have anything that really qualifies as eye candy. Maybe the Christmas wallhanging I did a couple years ago but that's more because of the Laurel Burch panel than because of anything I did to it. So I'm going to use this Christmas quilt as my example instead.

Kate

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

All of these are truly eye candy! Beautiful!!

toolgranny, do you have a pattern for that? I know a few kids that would love that quilt!

Robbi

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Robbi, I'm sure this was posted somewhere in the past. Sue Garman did the pattern but it was hard to find. It calls out for a light background but I saw this made with dark background in a shop in Denver. They did it as a block of the month. I just bought all twelve.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue Garman's Monster patterns

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Eye-candy indeed! Good job one and all!!!!

Robbi, It was all regular piecing.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

This is one I made for a friend's daughter

Wouldn't call it my favorite but most people liked it.

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions