Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QOTD July 25th

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 6:35

Quilts are sometimes called eye candy...
Will you show us your most impressive "eye candy?"

This is my most impressive quilt, made as a wedding gift for my daughter and her new husband.
The Rose
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QOTD July 25th

Oh that is just amazingly beautiful

Theresa

o

Just beautiful!
Darlene

o

Vicky, I don't have anything near the beauty of The Rose but this is something a bit different I did as a mystery that turned out pretty neat.
BOM from Forget-Me-Knot Studio

There should have been a quilt block on the side of that barn!

SharonG/FL

o

I haven't made but 3 quilts and I wouldn't consider any of them "eye candy". If I ever finish the last few blocks (I'm not sure which ones to do!!) of my Baltimore Album quilt, I "hope" it will be eye candy. I'm very happy with the individual blocks and I get plenty of compliments on them. So, we'll see.....

Rosa, your quilt reminds me very much of my Baltimore Album quilt. Absolutely beautiful!!

Sharon, your quilt is beautiful, too. Did you do the show flakes in hand applique? I love doing those!! Is the bottom paper piecing?

Robbi

o

All of my impressive "eye candy" quilts are still in my head. But, I do enjoy seeing others!

Rebecca

o

Photobucket

This was a quilt made for a friend with cancer a few years ago (he is in remission now, and it looks very good!). It was a simple pattern, but I like the way it turned out.

o

Can't compete with that, Vicky. It is just amazing.

It's hard to choose one since none are that good. But, I think the one most people look twice at is my granddaughter's monster quilt, needleturn applique with embellishments.

Monsters Quilt

o

I dont' think I have anything that really qualifies as eye candy. Maybe the Christmas wallhanging I did a couple years ago but that's more because of the Laurel Burch panel than because of anything I did to it. So I'm going to use this Christmas quilt as my example instead.

Kate

o

All of these are truly eye candy! Beautiful!!

toolgranny, do you have a pattern for that? I know a few kids that would love that quilt!

Robbi

o

Robbi, I'm sure this was posted somewhere in the past. Sue Garman did the pattern but it was hard to find. It calls out for a light background but I saw this made with dark background in a shop in Denver. They did it as a block of the month. I just bought all twelve.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue Garman's Monster patterns

o

Eye-candy indeed! Good job one and all!!!!

Robbi, It was all regular piecing.

o

This is one I made for a friend's daughterPhotobucket
Wouldn't call it my favorite but most people liked it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here