Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QOTD July12th

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 5:59

Do you have a special thread you like to use for quilting?

I know a lot of people don't like it but I almost always use Coats and Clark... I don't have the problems some have and it is cheapest.

Vicky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QOTD July12th

Whether it's hand quilting or machine quilting I always use C&C. I have strayed occasionally but I always come right back quickly. I've never found any thread as reliable as C&C.
Bon
:)

o

I use mostly C&C, too. It's easily obtainable from JoAnn's and it works fine in both my machines.

Donna

o

I pretty much use only Guttermann & Mettler. I like their range of colors better than anyone else's. I tried Connecting Threads once & found it a little too heavy.

o

Check out Long Creek Mills threads! I use the same thread for piecing and quilting with never a problem. Now I see they have long arm thread also.

I got cones of white and natural 100% cotton thread - I may never run out.
Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: Long Creek Mills

o

My machine likes Mettler so I try to use that. It's always good to have a happy machine! Second best results are with Gutermann. I use Sulky for embroidery.
I really don't like to use invisible thread. I have made decisions not to sign up for some classes where the teacher requires you to use invisible thread.
Interesting discussion.
Jeanne

o

I usually use Coats and Clark, although I have had to discard a few spools that refused to work in my machine. If Gutermann is on sale, I will stock up a little with that.

o

C&C for hand piecing and hand quilting. Connecting Threads in my machine.

o

I use C&C and Connecting Threads for piecing. They both work just fine in my machine. For quilting I use whatever I find for the color I want. I tend to use a lot of variegated thread so get whatever brand meets my needs.

o

I have different kinds and not too fussy. I like Connecting threads but it is a little heavier then I like sometimes. I have some Long Creek Mills that I picked up when I was in Gastonia and like it. I like using cones as there is less changing. I am using up my big stash of C&C when I can. They are smaller spools and take up too much room. I piece and quilt on the machine with the same thread but use hand quilting thread when I quilt by hand. Use which ever is available and the color I want.
On the serger I only use Maxi Lock.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here