Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Finally finished this top

jackier123
12 years ago

I finally finished this Shakespeare in the Park for my cousin. Now I get to start another one in a different colorway for my son. :)

Jackie

Comments (29)

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It has not been quilted yet. It is a Christmas gift so I might send it out later to a longarmer.

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

WOW!! That is a beautiful quilt!

• day2day
    12 years ago

Jackie, it's a beautiful quilt. I would love to get that as a Xmas gift!!
    That pattern is near the top of my 'to-try' list.

Great work.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I've always loved this pattern...and in the blue/white colorway. Yours turned out great! There will one very happy recipient! (And if they aren't, I'll send you my address!)

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Stunning!!!!

Theresa

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Jackie, I love your Shakespeare! And you're going to make another one? Wow.

I made Shakespeare for my niece several years ago and I used blues, greens and purples (her fav colors).

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Jackie, Yours is gorgeous! Love the blues you selected.
    I can't believe you are making another one!
    Wow~your gift will be the best for sure!!!

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

So beautiful! Every time I see this pattern I say "someday...someday..."! Very nice job!

Teresa

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Oh, my. I think it needs to come live at my house ....

beverly

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Beautiful! That is on my "one of these days" list too.

Rebecca

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Good eye with the colors, Jackie! A job well done!!!!

SharonG/FL

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all. For those of you that have not tried it, go ahead and do it! It is really not a difficult quilt. The colors that my son and future daughter-in-law have chosen might be difficult though. They chose chocolate browns and fall colors like dark orange, reds, golds etc.

Jackie

• fran1523
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous and your colors are beautiful. I sleep under Shakespeare in the Park every night. Mine is scrappy salmon and cream.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I have always wanted to make this quilt too and not sure why I haven't started it yet. Yours is absolutely beautiful!

Kate

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

I love it! It is on my list to do also. I have been collecting blue, green, and purple batiks for it.
    Linda OH

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments. This one is totally from my stash. I had bought the pattern a few years ago with the intent to make it. When I decided it was time, I looked to see what color I had the most fabric of. The blues won. :) It took about 6 weeks of on and off work to get it complete. It went a whole lot faster than I thought it would.

Jackie

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Jackie - look at these fabrics for your autumn colors - Your son and future Mrs picked a pretty combination and I am sure it will be spectacular!

Click on the sample fabric than look to the right for more.

I've been shopping too much lately :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn colors

• polardream
    12 years ago

Jackie, your quilt is lovely! I think you did a great job with colors and I wouldn't be afraid of the one for your son, I am sure it will turn out grand also!
    Sue

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Blue and white quilts are always impressive but your pattern makes it more so. I am an admirer of Shakespeare in the Park. It has so much movement. Often wonder where the name comes in. Will be looking forward to see how you interpret the autumn colors.

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Jackie, it is beautiful. You did a wonderful job!
    Jeanne

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Here's a link to a really spectacular version of a brown Shakespeare in the Park. The quilter incorporated an image of a huge bear. I remembered this from some show photos a few years ago. I think your quilt in fall colors will be beautiful!

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilt: Bear on the Trail

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

WOW! Spectacular!! How do we get on your list????? :)

• vicky4x4
    12 years ago

Love your Shakespeare!!!! I've done one in blues and I think I may do another someday maybe in reds and tan.

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I just love a blue and white quilt! Beautiful!! Very lucky young man, too.

Robbi

• lola99
    12 years ago

Wow Jackie, your quilt is gorgeous! Are the different blues completely random, or did you place the different shades in specific spots?

Kate, that bear quilt is really fun to see, impressive.

Maybe one day I'll try this quilt, but probably not for many more years...

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The blues are random. All I did when I was cutting was try to even out how many pieces I had of each one.

Jackie

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!! I remember Donna's beauty too. I think the fall colors would make a stunning quilt.
    Marsha I have heard really good things about fabric.com but I haven't ordered from them yet.
    Rosa

• connie99
    12 years ago

Oh, I love this! The blues and whites are so fresh and clean looking. Beautiful work.

• benken
    12 years ago

Beatiful quilt!! Some lucky person is getting a real treasure. I've been drawn to this pattern for quite some time but have held off because it looks pretty complicated. After reading your comments maybe I'll actually give it a try.

Linda

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!