Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I did such a dumb thing...

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 23:48

So I'm making my pineapple quilt, and I'm on my fourth pineapple (so you think I'd know better). I cut out the ring of fusible and proceeded to fuse it to the front of the pineapple, not the back. It wouldn't be so bad if the pineapple were a solid piece of fabric. No... it's a braid pieced with nine different fabrics. I've plenty of fabric, so I'm lucky there, but am I ever angry with myself. I know we all make mistakes, but this was a costly one - timewise. I cut the new pieces out, but I'm going to bed now. One mistake per day is enough.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I did such a dumb thing...

Put it in the freezer for a few minutes and you may be able to peel the fusible off! It's worth a try.

o

Lois~I feel your pain! What kind of fusible did you finally buy for this? I don't think you will ever be able to remove the adhesive completely because it is deeply fused into the fibers. Make another one!:~) But keep the ruined one~~recut, removing the outer fused ring, leaving a clean smaller pineapple to use on the back or as a fantastic label for your quilt.

o

Lois,
After all of the many times I have sewn on bindings I sewed the mitered corners down wrong WHY????? I had to take them apart and thank goodness I was able to make them look OK.

All I can think of as an excuse is, we are human - I'm very human lol - my dumb mistakes prove it.

Kate's may work if not I like Marsha's suggestion!

ehow says it will come off
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: removingFusable

o

Thanks, Kate and Rosa. I tried all your suggestions, and nothing worked, so I took Marsha's advice. Cut off the fusible and I have a little pineapple to use in a scrap quilt or a label or who knows what.

Marsha, I'm sorry I don't know the name of the fusible I finally bought. It was also a light weight product, but they said it was a little "heavier" than the Heat and Bond Feather Weight. There is no name on the piece I have but it's only 12" wide. Maybe that will identify it. It is working well -- too well in the case of my ruined pineapple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here