Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baptise fan

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 23:29

Here is a photo of the quilting I am doing on the Blushing Aspens tablerunner that I'm making. I may be able to do it free-hand at some point, but right now I am drawing the pattern and then FM quilting it. I really like how it's turning out, but it really takes a long time. The pattern is Baptise Fan in a Contained Space. I don't know if it's Frieda Anderson's original pattern or not. I SITD around all the blocks first and now I'm filling them in. At the rate I'm going, it may take years.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baptise fan

Oh, I like how it makes the leaves stand out. It may take a lot of time, but it is worth it.

beverly

o

Lois, you are doing a beautiful job! I love your thread color.
Sue

o

Your stitching looks beautiful. You chose the perfect pattern for quilting this piece.
Remember, this is unique, and variations in the stitching pattern will add to the charm of the design. It is very, very hard not to focus on the stitching area directly in front of you, a few inches from your critical eyes :). Everyone else will be looking at the overall beauty. (This is my biggest issue!) This is turning out gorgeous!

o

If it takes years, I think it will be worth it! You are doing a fabulous job and the whole thing is very dramatic. The quilting is adding to an already beautiful piece.

Kate

o

Your doing a marvelous job, your stitching is perfect. Worth the time and patience you are giving it. Keep up the good work and keep us informed of your progress so we can be jealous.lol

o

Lois, it looks great! Keep up the good work!

I wonder why the designer calls it Baptist fan...doesn't look at all like the traditional version.

Donna

o

I agree the quilting looks great!! I'm still working on mine (slowly lol)!
Rosa

o

Wow, what perfect stitching!

o

This isn't the Baptist Fan we all know but looks lovely nevertheless. Maybe the play on the name indicates she's modified the design. It's going to be a wonderful piece.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here