Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Irish Chain pic

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 22:35

It has been a week so I guess I will post my Irish Chain top. I am making sm. quilts for Christmas for my Grands, Photobucket
or that is my plan, and this will be one of them.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Irish Chain pic

Jayne, that is a very beautiful quilt. I love the subtle differences between the fabrics. Very lovely. Is this what would be called a triple Irish chain?

o

Oh, I do like it!
Shades of one colour do work out well, don't they.
Lucky grands!
Theresa

o

I've been looking everyday for your picture :)
Beautiful. I really like the simplicity of one focus color with the use of a different shade / fabric.

You ladies have made me want to make an Irish Chain.

o

that turned out beautifully. Wonderful choice of color and I love the Irish Chain pattern in any form and have several piles of fabric destined for one I'm sure. Love it, love it. Good job.

o

That turned out great!! And it doesn't look 'small' to me!!

I have done smaller, kid-sized versions that look very much like this one. It is a very traditional pattern!

o

Jayne, It is lovely! A triple chain ... good job! I like the really sublte difference between the fabrics.

How are you going to quilt it??

Sue

o

This was made from my garage sale find. It cost next to nothing and the fabric is top quality. Yes, this is a triple Irish chain, the pattern was in BH&G AM. Patchwork & Quilting Feb 07 but availabe on line as well. Very quick and easy to do from those directions.
Don't call the QP but it was done on the serger which I find works well for things of this nature and is very fast and accurate.
This is about twin sized. My plan is to do lap quilts but I liked this and it worked.
I still have to sandwich and quilt, plan on something in the centers but not sure just what yet, the chain will be SITD. Thanks for you kind comments, interesting the different effect that same pattern can have.

o

Beautiful!! I love Irish Chains. It looks much larger than a twin.

The border frames it very well.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here