Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Thanks for inspiring me to step outside of the box.....

MiMi
9 years ago

I lurk here every single day looking at photos of the beautiful quilts you all make....I have sewn my entire life but never made a quilt. I just could not stand it anymore. I look at quilts on Pinterest every night and one caught my eye that I really liked. It's a simple pattern, nothing fancy at all, a great one to start with I thought. So I ordered some fabric I loved, Moda Chance Of Flowers. So... here it is, all pieced together and draped over the back of my couch. The backing will be the same as the border and the binding will be the lime green, and I already have the binding made. I am going to take it to be quilted. Thanks for inspiring me to step outside of the box and try something new... I can't wait to make another one...
Debbie...

Comments (19)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Good job! Love the colours. And the piecing is well done. Onward and upward.
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Love the colors and the pattern. Looks like you're already good at piecing.
    Next step...quiltingðÂÂÂ

Welcome to a new addiction. You're in the right place to be enabled.

LindaB/CA

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Debbie, your quilt looks great! Very sweet and feminine. Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting. I hope you find as much pleasure and satisfaction in it as we all do.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Hi Debbie! Thanks for sharing a picture of your quilt and for joining in. It looks like you have a good eye for putting colors together and that will take you far in the quilting world. Since you've been checking us out, you already know we'll help you in every way we can.

Waving from Florida.

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

You've done so well on your first quilt. It's just lovely and well done. Great color choices. I hope this leads to an enjoyable hobby for you. We love quilting and will help in any way we can.

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

Beautiful fabrics, you did a great job !

• calliope
    9 years ago

Lovely job and that's not the easiest quilt for a first attempt. The fabric choices look like you've been doing this for years, and I'd say that speaks to a good eye and a talent. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it.

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Nice quilt, love how soft the colors are. Good job!

beverly

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Congratulations on you new adventure. Quilting has so many avenues to travel that it is sometimes difficult getting back to other projects.
    Your first attempt is a great success, you can be proud of your accomplishment.
    TFS

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Great job on your first quilt! Now.....what's going to be your next project?

You are most welcome here with our great bunch of quilting fanatics!

Teresa

• day2day
    9 years ago

Wonderful job on your first quilt.
    I like the colors.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Congrats on finishing your first quilt top! I like the floral prints and colors. It's a nice design.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

Lovely colors. Congrats on your first quilt! Now we want to see more! TFS
    Linda OH

• sherryquilts
    9 years ago

Congrats on moving into the quilting world! I love that fabric line, I've made a couple of tops using the precuts of it. You should be proud, your quilt top looks awesome!

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Very nice! The colors are so pretty! A really GOOD accomplishment! wishing you many more! :)

• bev2009
    9 years ago

What a lovely quilt! You may start with one and think you're only going to do one quilt at a time, but before you know it you have 3...4...5 in various states of completion. Don't fight it, it is no use and it is worth it in fun.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Very pretty! You are a natural! Since you know how to sew already, you can concentrate on buying lots of fabric and feeding that quilting bug that has bitten you! Great job!

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

Great job, love the colors - you're well on your way to hopefully a lifetime of fun.

• MiMi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for all the nice compliments! I will post another photo when I get it back from the quilter and I get the binding on. The wheels are already turning with ideas for more quilts and I have saved lots of photos for inspiration.