Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
B&W log cabin

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 11 at 22:08

Ok all you retreaters. Remember my black and white and red log cabin I was working on for my DD? Well, after it was quilted, she decided to decorate her dorm room in pink. But now she is back to black and white, so it is on her bed now. She sent me a picture so I could share. There are pillow shams and a wall hanging to match. She took the pic with her phone, so it is a bit fuzzy.

Sara's quilt on bed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: B&W log cabin

She is a very lucky girl .............that is beautiful!

o

That is really a striking quilt! I really like it - glad she went back to black & white.
Sue

o

Wonderful! Nice job, Beverly!

Teresa

o

What a lovely quilt! She's a lucky girl.

~Geraldine

o

I love anything black and white! Very nice!
I have to say - that is the neatest dorm room I have ever seen! Even if she cleaned it up for the picture - wow-
Clean & neat!! Love the quilt.

o

Beautiful. She must be the envy of all her friends and dorm mates. Love the heart appliques on the wall hanging.

o

Beverly, You did a great job on this quilt! The wallhanging and shams just add to the beauty of it. She must be very proud of her mama. @:)

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Love it! What a beautiful result of all your lovingly made sewing and designing. The shams and wall hanging too!

I remember it from retreat and it is so nice to see it
again.

Thx for sharing!
Gwen

o

I love black and white together. I might have to put this one my "to try list". I love the wall hanging with the heart on it, too. You did good!!

Robbi

o

I'm glad she changed her mind. That one was just spectacular. It looks great on her bed.

o

B&W&R work so well together and the log cabin pat. was made for it. Like it a lot as I am sure you DD does. Great wall hanging, hearts are my thing!. Great job and TFS. Jayne

o

I've always liked Black, White and Red together and your quilt is perfect. Everytime your daughter sees it, she is reminded just how much her mother loves her. Everytime she goes to bed she is comforted by her mother's love. Great job Beverly.

Kristene

o

I love log cabin quilts, love black and white quilts, and love the idea of making matching wall hangings. This is just perfect and I'm so glad she's using it! Simply beautiful!

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here