Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm back!

Posted by redmary (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 21:44

My brother-in-law retired from 38 years of teaching elementary students in Delaware! A true professional, dedicated to his students and athletes that he coached. I will present this quilt to him this weekend! Got it done just in time tonight! BWT he is an Eagles/Phillies/Flyers fan. I can forgive him for that!
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm back!

I REALLY love the 'wonky' look of this quilt! (Please, I don't mean to be disrespectful!....I just don't know what this look is called!) .....it's the background pieces that make it look so cool.....slightly angled...maybe it's whirly gig pattern?? Anyway, it's very neat!

o

Mary, it's a very clever, cool quilt. I'm sure he will love it. What a great way to add some pizzazz to a T-shirt quilt.

And welcome back. It's been too quiet around here lately. I guess we're all too busy with summer commitments.

o

This turned out great! I also like the wonky blocks and think it really adds to the quilt. Good job!

Kate

o

Welcome back, been too long.
I, too, find the slit sashing just the thing to make the quilt interesting and special. Your BIL will love it. TFS.

o

Wow... That really turned out great ... He'll love it!
V.

o

Love the setting! Lucky guy.
LindaB/CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here