Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eco friendly shopping bag?

Posted by jackierooke (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 21:17

New puter and I've lost the web site for making the easy shopping bags that are about the size of the Walmart plastic bags. I'm sick of those plastic bags and what they do to the planet! Anyone know the site I mean? They gave you the instructions and some "label" to make to put on them.

jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eco friendly shopping bag?

Is this the one you are looking for?

Marty

Here is a link that might be useful: Shopping Bag

o

Nope. I found that one on a google search but its not the one. Geez this is frustrating.

o

Hi Jackie! If you do a search here on the forum for TOTES, you will find several threads that have patterns. Maybe one of these will work.

Janice

o

I found it! This is the one I was talking about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Morsbag tote

o

Here is another site with free patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Handbag patterns

o

I made the tote that marty mo mentioned - the "Classic Open Tote" and I love it! I made 5, and made them out of canvas-like material, and used belt webbing for handles. Those things would hold a ton! I've used them a few times in local groceries, and they're received well by the sackers. What's nice is the handles go all the way around, and reinforce the strength of the bag - not afraid to put alot of heavy stuff in them. Here's mine -
Photobucket

o

Thank you Marty and Jackie! I have a three of the manufactured canvas grocery bags I love and have been planning on making more for large shopping trips and have been looking for just the right pattern. Both of those mentioned are great. I can stuff into just three of those bags what baggers usually used ten or fifteen plastic bags for.

o

There's a good design for a shopping bag on Janome's site.
Our guild's challenge this year is to make a shopping bag, decorated/embellished any way you want. I'm thinking of doing a felted one, a free-motion machine embroidered one with dragonflies in sparkly thread and a glitzy one with iron on crystals and glitter. I may even make a normal one using cat fabrics or B&W's or florals or?...after all we usually bring home more than one bag of groceries don't we?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Janome Shopping Bag

o

There is a new material for eco friendly bags---bamboo fabric.More lighter,love it very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.greenbaghome.com

o

I took my favorite paper bag with a handle cut it apart and made my own pattern.
Several of the manufactures of commercial patterns have patterns too that are very nice.

o

Here's one that uses a plastic bag for a pattern. Janet

Here is a link that might be useful: shopping bag tote pattern

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here