Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embroidery machine quilting

Posted by calverttx (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:36

Has anyone tried this and does it work. I saw it today on PBS Sewing With Nancy. I am ready to go buy a machine but you guys may change my mind.
Any and all comments appreciated.
Thanks, N

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embroidery machine quilting

I have done it. In fact, I should finish the binding on a quilt for my son tonight that is all machine embroidery. It is a Hoop Sister's quilt (Feathered Star). I have posted pictures on this site if you search for it.

I am also doing a block of the month quilt through my LQS called Shades of Baltimore. It is machine applique. I have 3 Brother machines (2 embroidery) and we're using PE Design to digitize the design, a Silhouette Cameo to cut the applique and then sending the designs to the embroidery machine to stitch it all together.. I will have the top done in a few months. If you like to machine embroidery and quilting, it's a wonderful combination and opens a whole world of options. I really like doing it :-)

I'm not the one to talk to if you need someone to talk you out of buying an embroidery machine :-)

Robbi

o

Thank you Robbi. I went and bought a Brothers PE770 this morning. I am excited and I think it will be fun, I am not very good at machine freehand quilting so maybe this will be the magic I have been looking for.

N

o

N, Hopefully you'll show us your handywork when you get one completed. I might be able to use something like this for quilting, but want to see what you come up with. I can't get one this year but should be able to next year.

SharonG/FL

o

Hi Sharon, Go on the computer and look for Sewing With Nancy on PBS. It was on TV this past weekend and showed how to do it. They used a very expensive Baby Lock and I bought a smaller one without the bells and whistles. There are places on the net that you can get simple patterns for feathers and line designs that are 6 X 6, I have high hopes for Christmas qifts. The video showed the prettiest table runner I have ever seen. Good luck N

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here