Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More sewing room pics

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 19:35

We got the dead bar and crank handle on the frame, got it leveled and it is ready to go now. The grands helped me move the storage boxes back under the frame. Next I need to rearrange the shelves, but that will be a work in progress. Here are some pics of the room in progress.

Frame with storage underneath.
 photo DSCF3500_zps4f089175.jpg

Dead bar and crank handle.
 photo DSCF3499-Edited_zpsc4617b61.jpg

View from behind frame toward windows and sewing tables.
 photo DSCF3501_zps2f71bb46.jpg

View from windows toward frame.
 photo DSCF3502_zpsf517234b.jpg

Not gonna show the pile of fabric outside in the hall.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More sewing room pics

WOW!!

o

Wish mine looked so neat! It's lovely.

o

Oh how I wish I had room for shelves like those!! How organized I could be with shelves! Of course, a room that size would help me a bunch too!

o

I think you need more fabric ~LOL~
Pretty room! Enjoy!!!

o

I love my shelves, they came with the house and I have really enjoyed them. The previous owner used the room as an office and library. He was our preacher and used the office for counseling. I do wish they were about 3 inches deeper, but not going to complain.

That is about half my fabric on the shelves. I gotta get the photo's scanned and off the shelves, and some of the other shelves re-organized. I found a box of patterns I had printed years ago and haven't looked at since, so I tossed them. I'm sure there are a lot of things that can just go away.

Lots of work, but at least most of it can be done as I have time.

beverly

o

Impressive....!!!!

o

Wow, I would kill for a room that big! LOL My frame is in our dining room (which we never used anyway) but all the supplies are in the sewing room, except for a small 3 drawer unit where I keep the bobbins and tools for the Juki.

At one time I was considering knocking out the closets and wall between the 2nd & 3rd bedroom to make one large sewing room. My plan was to build a large closet at one end of the new large room. Mark pointed out that we'd have to rebuild the wall and closets whenever we decide to sell the house so I ended up taking the dining room for the quilt frame.

Your room looks wonderful! Enjoy!

Donna

o

Wonderful. It is about 1/2 the size of my house. lol. Must be wonderful to be able to spread out and enjoy all that great "stuff". I could get lost in there if my computer had a place. Congratulations and have fun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here