Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Taupe quilt finished!

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 19:28

Hi, everyone - this was a kit I bought at the Jax show 5 or 6 years ago. I got it out a few months ago, looked at the fabrics and the photo included with the kit, and thought, "What was I thinking?" Brown is my absolute least favorite color.

I decided to sew it up anyway, and I have to say I like it a lot better than I thought I would, but I'm still not crazy about it. I think I'll give it to our pastor who is moving to a new church at the end of the month.

Photobucket

Here are a couple of close-ups of the quilting:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now I can cross that one off my list!

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Taupe quilt finished!

Oooooh, I really like that! Neutrals aren't normally my thing, but sometimes I see one that is, well, calming I guess.

And I love, love, love your feathers!

o

I like it!. You did a good job and the quilting is very nice. I am quite fond of the colors you used and think it turned out to be a good gift for your pastor.

o

Wonderful quilt! And your quilting is fantastic! The colors go together so well and they are....yes! calming.

o

I like it! I agree, it is very calming. Good gift for your Pastor.
Very nice quilting!

o

Like has already been said, I think the colors are very calming and your quilting is beautiful!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Donna, I love the colors, and I think you did a beautiful job on the quilting. Were the patterns you quilted your ideas? I think they are very creative. You made a wonderful quilt that your pastor will treasure.

o

The colors are really soothing - I like it! You did a great job on your feathers!
Sue

o

I really like this quilt. I usually go for bright colors in quilts (as well as clothing) but I want to try a soothing neutral palette one of these days.
Your quilting is lovely.
vasu

o

I love it too!!! You have become a very skilled quilter - those feathers look perfect!

I agree he will love it!
Rosa

o

Not my favorite colors either but it turned out beautifully. You did a great job. It will make a wonderful quilt gift. Good job.

o

Thank you all so much! I've been doing a lot of those feathers lately (from the book Hooked on Feathers), so I guess practice really does help! LOL

Pastor Beth wears a lot of browns & neutrals, so I think the colors will really appeal to her. The backing is a fun flower print with some orange and yellow, other colors she wears.

Donna

o

Donna, the quilting is fabulous!!!

Kate

o

I'm another one that likes it.
I like the colors...as others mentioned, the colors are soothing.
It will make a great gift for the pastor.
Nice quilting too.
TFS.

o

Donna, very nice job. I like the layout of the quilt and your quilting is fantastic.

Lola

o

I like brown myself. You did a great job on the quilting. Your Pastor will be impressed.

o

Donna, I believe that everything happens for a reason, and in its own time. I'd say you bought that kit, and then found it at the right time. It turned out great, and your pastor will be taking you with her when she leaves, which will mean a lot to her, I'm sure! Great job!

o

Thanks, everyone! I gave it to her on Monday and she really liked it. She said the colors are perfect for her living room, and it's big enough to be a lap quilt for her (she's tall).

I spent a long time trying to decide what to put on the label. We've worked together for 13 years, but she's not really a close friend, so I didn't want to put something "gushy". I finally decided to put the words of the benediction we sing every Sunday at the end of worship. When she read it she said it was perfect!

Donna

o

The quilting is lovely and the color selection is, as other mentioned, very calming. it's beautiful. I can't wait till I can quilt like that, your feathers, and loops...are very well done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here