Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? June 11-12

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I want to work on my Quilting Queens Round/Row Robin this weekend. I would also like to go to the LQS but not sure if I will have time. Our pastor is moving the end of the month and we are having a farewell lunch following the morning service on Sunday.We don't have our pool opened yet and plan to do that after church.

I hope I get everything done that I want to do.

Linda OH

Comments (11)

• finchelover
    12 years ago

Going to my great grandhild's 1 year birthday party..
    Trying to catch up on my weeds but that is now a inpossibility. can't kneel,I found out I now have arthiritis in my lower back and tailbone. It is a painful job for me to do anymore.

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Ah, I wish!!

But canning is happening - habanero pepper jelly today, and all the prep work for 16 jars of citrus marmalade tomorrow (it needs to soak overnight). And then another batch of habanero jelly on Monday. Oh, and the pool is being re-plastered tomorrow.

And my son may be bringing his girlfriend tomorrow - not for pleasure, but because she's on heavy painkillers after surgery to repair her fractured collarbone! Poor baby! I offered to go into town to stay with her, but she said I have a better library of science fiction, and a better movie collection, LOL.

She has lots of people lined up to help her during the week, but the week-end days are more problematic - they're all grad students and they work on the week-ends.

On the plus side I got 95 of the 320 half-square triangle for my quilt made this week.

• polardream
    12 years ago

Today I made new cushions for my front porch wicker furniture. I am pretty pleased with myself at how they turned out! I might try to get a little hand quilting in but tomorrow I am walking (with my dog) in a 5K fundraiser for our humane society then DH wants me to got to the "Taste of Ft. Collins" with him.
    We had a horrible thunderstorm & lots of hail and we are still cleaning up the yard & garden.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
    Sue

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Our local guild's quilt show is this weekend. I helped set up this afternoon and will be there part of Sat for fun and then Sun for taking it down. I had another quilt I was trying to finish for a friend to display in her Pfaff booth.
    Maybe I can finish the binding tomorrow morning.

It is very hot & humid here - 100 yesterday - broke a longtime record- my yard is stressed & my plants are struggling. Too hot too soon here!

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I got the binding on 3 UFOs today! I'll have the grands tomorrow afternoon, so no more quilting till Sunday. It's been over 100 every day this week, so I bought us some water guns!

beverly

• fran1523
    12 years ago

I took some novelty squares I had and mounted them on batting and backing to make a rag-type quilt. Only on this one, you make the backing an inch bigger all around so you can turn edges under after sewing the blocks together. Is that clear as mud? Anyway, started it yesterday and will probably finish this weekend.

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

This weekend is my 40th Wedding Anniversary, so my husband surprised me firstly with a lovely bouquet of red roses. then we spent the afternoon at a local vineyard for lunch and wine tasting. Tonight we went to a beautiful restaurant in a neigbouring village for tea and tomorrow we are going for High Tea to another restaurant. High Tea is a British tradition equivalent to Afternoon Tea, just very formal. Even though I live in Australia, a lot of our traditions came from Britain. In between these events today, I have managed to sneak time to make 2 Birthday Blocks for July members so I can keep ahead and get them posted away.

It's winter here in Australia and only 25 degrees F overnight, with a max. of 45 F during the day. It snowed last week but didn't last very long. Lots of frost every morning.

Kristene

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Kristene, happy anniversary! It sounds like you had a really special day.

I spent the morning cutting pieces for my DH's quilt. I finally picked a Judy Martin pattern called Kentucky Log Cabin that has 6 house blocks in the midst of log cabin blocks. I have a very tiny stash of browns (my least favorite color), but I thought I had good contrast and all for the house blocks. (They are supposed to look like log cabins.) I made the first block and I don't like it at all. So...kinda frustrated, kinda discouraged, I decided I was done for the day. I went to JoAnn's yesterday afternoon looking for a couple more browns for my stash and their selection was almost non-existent.

Tomorrow I'm planning to catch up on my Ode to the Blue & Grey BOM...they are up to block 6 and I only have the first 4 made.

Donna

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Congrats on your anniversary Kristene. I am working on a sailboat applique baby quilt this weekend. We are in a drought, but am keeping my flowerbed watered each week. I was so excited that I got up early enough to see my pink hibiscus in bloom - not sure what the name of it is, but it had beautiful 10-inch blooms this morning. As soon as the sun gets above the trees its bloom closes due to the heat. So it was just really cool to it with blooms open this morning, great way to start the day. :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Happy Anniversary Kristene and Hubby!

Donna: You are way ahead of me on Ode To Blue and Grey. I have printed all of the patterns but have yet to make a block. I need to buy some more dark fabrics before I start.

I am trying to get the BOMs finished for my guild meeting at the end of the month. A block is introduced every month at the meeting but the draws are all at our final meeting of the year. I always seem to wait until June to make them. Maybe next year I will do them on a monthly basis. I have 3 out of 10 made and don't like some of the patterns so only have 4 or 5 more that I want to get done. I also need to get The President's Challenge made for the guild meeting. It is an initial challenge so we are to make something in colors that start with the first initial of our first, middle and last names. My initials are MCV so had some difficulty coming up with 3 colors that look good together.

Back to the sewing machine! Tomorrow is slated for weeding and planting.

Mary

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Congrats, Kristene!! Lunch at the vineyard sounds so romantic.

I was able to get a little bit of my hand applique done on Friday evening only because my kids both had friends over for a sleep over so we stayed at home the the kids were busy with their friends. We took them all on the boat Saturday and then it was the parents turn Saturday night! We left them at dh's mom's house and saw a favorite local band play. Very nice :-) Yesterday was full of laundry. I really need to get to my sewing machine! I have some diapers I want to embroider for a gift and the baby is due in just a few weeks! Maybe this week???

Robbi