Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the 'man-friend' quilt finished! pic!

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 19:12

So I finished the Flying Home from Bali Bali quilt last night, but still need to make a label. This is the design I made for my sister to give her man-friend for his birthday later this month. I am pleased with the way it turned out, but the quilt gremlins were messin' me up during the construction. Somehow the two sets of blocks, geese and 8-patch, had trouble being the same size - as they were supposed to be. I put some geese on the back also. But I forgot to take a pic of the back.

This is another nickel quilt using 5-inch squares of fabric from the first Nickel Quilts book by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the 'man-friend' quilt finished! pic!

That's a very cool quilt, Teresa! I like the gradient color scheme of the 4 patches and the dark border around it, too!

o

Gorgeous! Love it, love it!

o

Very Manly indeed! I love the plaids. You did a great job.
He will be thrilled! I was looking forward to seeing this ~ thanks for posting the picture.

o

Sure looks like you showed those gremlins who is boss! It looks great!!! And very man friendly.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

What a great Man-quilt, you did a great job.

beverly

o

Outstanding! Just the right pattern and colors for a "man-quilt".

o

Perfect for a man, but I'd take it in a heartbeat! Flying Geese is one on my list of must-makes, too. Typical also is the fact that you say you had trouble with part of it, but it's not obvious to anyone looking at it.

o

Your sister & her man friend should both appreciate your hard work! You did a great job - it's a great design.
Sue

o

Teresa, that is a wonderful quilt. It's perfect as a man quilt. Great job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here