Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UFO Dragged out, Kicking and Screaming...

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 18:54

Me doing the kicking and screaming, that is, not the UFO. A couple of years ago I thought I'd like to try raw-edge machine applique, a tree of life which I designed myself. Needless to say, it went very wrong. So I found it in a bag this morning and since I'm not one to have UFO's around - (I actually have another one, this is very unusual for me)- I got to looking at it to decide if it could be salvaged. The only way was to cut about 4 inches off the bottom where most of the bad-looking stuff was. Who knows, maybe this time it will work. Wish me luck.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UFO Dragged out, Kicking and Screaming...

Good luck and photo later please!

o

I did think the UFO was kicking and screaming ~lol~ because you do not have UFO's - I am laughing!!! :)

Now, I have recommended this book numerous times. I took a workshop with Sue Nickles; she is fantastic and so is her book. Very easy to follow & worth every penny if you are going to do Raw edge machine applique.

Good luck! And enjoy the process!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue Nickel's book

o

If you'd like to get in some extra therapeutic kicking and screaming, I can provide you with several more UFOs.

Teresa

o

Teresa -- too funny!

o

Rita, I have a few I could add to TG/Linda's UFO's to send you. I don't know why you don't want to be like most of the rest of us and have a stock pile of them. Boggles my mind. heehee

I think leaves on a tree would look awesome raw-edged and left to fray a bit.

SharonG/FL-MN (on the move again this afternoon)

o

Rita,
A lot of kicking and screaming goes on in my sewing room. Sometimes it is the UFO, sometimes it is me.
Yesterday I found several blue & white HSTs from so long ago that I don't remember making at all. I think my UFOs multiply and change colors when I'm not looking.
Vasu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here