Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on sewing tables

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 18:11

Despite his best efforts, the top of the table is not quite smooth enough for the fabric to slide easily across it. The nice coat of wax hasn't helped, so this week DH will be working on another solution. I suggested running them through a planer and add some Formica. I'll post pictures when he solves the problem.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on sewing tables

We had some leftover lino flooring which I double-faced taped to my table top. Nice and smooth.
Theresa

o

I'm following your train of thought and suggest gluing kitchen counter-top material. That should work well.

o

Whatever works!

SharonG/FL

o

What about that thick polyurethane that is used on boats? Several coats of that would completely seal the wood finish and make it smooth as glass.

Teresa

o

He thought about the polyurethane, but it has to dry so long between coats. I thought about the Formica, but the flooring is also a good idea. Think I'll price them both.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here