Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Double Pinwheel pics

rosajoe_gw
11 years ago

The pattern is Eleanor Burns 'Double Pinwheel'. This is for my sister's bday in August, she is a 'purple' person.

All I have to do is sew on the binding and as hot as it is it may take me a month lol!!!!

Rosa

Comments (20)

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

that is so pretty. I know she will just love it. Good job. I'm also a purple person so I love the colors.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I did a purple and yellow Irish chain for a granddaughter. It is a good colour combo.
    Love yours!
    Theresa

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I agree it is a good color comb. I know your sister will love it. Very pretty and as always nicely done. TFS

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

It's very fresh, love the color combo!
    V,

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Very cool, Rosa! My sister's BD is also in August (mine, too).

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I really like your quilt, Rosa. I tried to make a few blocks following her instructions and after not being able to keep the correct rotation of the outside pinwheels going in the right way, I gave up. I just don't see how this can be even a quilt top in a day.

SharonG/FL-IN

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Very pretty....purple and yellow are so nice together!
    Great job Rosa...I am sure your sister will love it.
    I know what you mean about the heat. It is still in the 80s and it is 10:30 at night. I have a quilt to bind as well and have been putting it off.

Mary

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Lovely quilt, Rosa. Purple and yellow look wonderful together. Your sis will be thrilled. I would be.

Sharon, do you mean to tell me that the designer thinks that this quilt top can be completed in one day? Who is she kidding?

• day2day
    11 years ago

Rosa, it's a lovely quilt.
    The color combination is great.
    You did a wonderful job.

I know your sister will love it.
    I have 2 sisters that would really like it. One sis is a purple person and the other likes a quilt to have a fair amount of white background.

TFS.

~Geraldine

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

What a beautiful quilt! The colors are "happy", so the quilt makes you smile. Purple is my favorite color, and while I don't particularly like yellow or orange, they make wonderful quilts--especially when paired with purple. You did a great job on it!

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Crisp and fresh and pretty. Your sister will love it.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Lois, "Eleanor says you can assemble all the components for the 24 blocks needed to make a queen-size quilt in about six hours."

I might try this again but make a lap top size. @:) Maybe they mean working on it a total of 24 hours. Still kind of iffy.....

SharonG/FL-IN

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Pinwheel Quilt in a Day

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone, she is one that will actually USE the quilt!!!

LOL Sharon!!! I had to laugh when I started the quilt. I had saved this pattern for a long time and some of the appeal was she says it goes together so fast.

It took me all day to cut the 28 strips! another day to sew the strips AND some of my wheels are not pointing in the RIGHT direction lol!!!

Lois it took me about 3 months from start to finish and I did not work on it each day (actually it's not finished - binding still to do).

When it is compared to applique or a sampler it is a quick quilt BUT not in a day, or week for me!! I'm retired and I do not like to be on a schedule, I want to enjoy my hobby!

Stay cool everyone!
    Rosa

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I really like the pattern and the color combo! I'm sorry to hear it's not very fast because this would be a good QOV pattern. I might have to try it in red, white, blue anyway.

Thanks for posting it!

Kate

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate as a quilt I still think it is a quick pattern - just not in one day!!!

I think It would make a gorgeous QOV in red, white and blue.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

;~)) I already printed out the instructions!

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

Love it, Rosa. I liked the way you used different yellows and purples. It gives it so much character. Purple and yellow are my favorites too.
    I don't expect any of the quilt in a day patterns to be done in a day. They are simple but not trivial.
    Vasu

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

It's a beautiful quilt and has great contrast. It's nice to see a purple quilt, I have a cousin whose favorite color is purple. Have a Happy 4th of July!!! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Rosa~your quilts always look so crisp and sharp! I love your taste in fabric and colors.

I hope your AC gets working very soon and gets fixed permanently. A few days in the 100+ degrees and we were ready to go to a hotel. We got our electricity back on - surprised as we are usually in the last group to get it back. I was toast this time!!!

Love the quilt as always!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Lucky sister! Great quilt.