Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Irish Chain retirement quilt

Posted by polardream (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 17:57

I started this quilt at Camp Cheerio last fall for my former boss - the principal at our school for 28 years. She is retiring this year - last day with kids was June 1, but she is scheduled to work until the end of June with the transition. Her favorite colors are blue and yellow and she loves Ireland, so I thought it worked out well. It's a twin bed size - good for sofa cuddling.
Sue

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Irish Chain retirement quilt

That turned out beautifully Sue. I love your colors and that's one of my favorite patterns. Good job. She will love it and love that you made it.

o

Oh, I love that! The colors are great!!

o

Looks great, Sue. I'm sure she'll love it and remember you fondly.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

You made a beautiful quilt for her! The colors are really brighter in person. I was amazed at how much progress Sue made on this at Retreat. It looks wonderful and I'm sure she will cherish this quilt for years!

o

Nice job and the perfect size for a gift quilt.

Kate

o

Turned out terrific! She'll remember her years as principal every time she uses it!

o

Very nice. What a coincidence, I was trying to post a picture of the top I just finished today and it is exactly like yours except different colors. Did you get your pattern from Am. Patctwork and Quilting???
Iam having issues with photobucket and couldn't post yet.
I am glad now as I would feel like I was stepping on yours.
Mine is just the top.
Obviously I like the pattern and you did an outstanding job.Your friend will be very pleased with your choices I know. TFS

o

Sue, it's beautiful!
She's gonna love it.
I love the blue and yellow chain.
You did a great job on it.
Irish Chain is one of my favorite patterns...it's timeless.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I think I remember the start of that and it's nice to see it finished. It's a beautiful quilt and a really nice gift. You did a wonderful job

o

You did a good job on it, and it turned out beautifully!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

The Irish Chain is one of my favs too! Beautiful quilt, a very nice gift!!
Rosa

o

Looks Great! The Irish Chain is on my list of quilts to try.

o

Thanks for the compliments. It was a fun quilt to make.
Jayne, I used the pattern from quilterscache. It was easy to follow.

Sue

o

Sue,
It was a real surprise to see yours as it is a duplicate of the one I just made. I agree it was a fun one to make, I put the top tog. in 2 wks only working a few hrs. . My pattern was in Feb.2007 issue of Am. Pat. and Quilting. I will post a picture in a few days but want to enjoy yours first.
Jayne

o

Sue,
It was a real surprise to see yours as it is a duplicate of the one I just made. I agree it was a fun one to make, I put the top tog. in 2 wks only working a few hrs. . My pattern was in Feb.2007 issue of Am. Pat. and Quilting. I will post a picture in a few days but want to enjoy yours first.
Jayne

o

Sue, what a lovely, thoughtful gift. I sure she will love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here