Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joan_dupuis

Stained Glass quilt

Joan Dupuis
10 years ago

Finally finished this queen sized quilt. Hand quilted with keltic knots in the large squares and triangles. The back is not as flat as I'd like, because I started it on my large quilting frame, and had to dismantle for Xmas. So before taking down, I thought I'd be smart and just quilt here and there so I could finish it in my rectangle hoop. Oh well the front looks flat enough.

Comments (32)

• lola99
    10 years ago

I remember this quilt. I love it. Can you take a close up picture of the quilting? From what I can see in your large picture it looks really good. Congratulations on such a large finish.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Very nice! I would love to see the quilting too! I just can't imagine hand quilting something this size... impressive!

Kate

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Just love the colors and design..it's beautiful!!!
    V.

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hope I don't bore you with all the close ups.

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another...

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and another

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and another

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and another

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and another

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

last one

• nannykins
    10 years ago

OMG!!!! Words fail me!
    Theresa

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lola's doodling earlier in Sept inspired me, when I asked for suggestions on how to quilt it.

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

forgot to show one of the inside borders.

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

That is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job. You can really be proud of this one.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

That is fantastic. I like everything about it. Your fabric choices are perfect and the quilting is very impressive. I have hand quilted a few large ones but not nearly as well as yours. Very nice job. I am impressed. TFS

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I can't even imagine doing that all by hand. It's absolutely beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

It's beautiful work!

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Thank you for sending the closeups. It is stunning. I love quilting by hand, but that would have taken me forever.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Great job of color choices and your quilting is awesome!

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    10 years ago

Fantastic! You did an incredible job on the quilting and it looks great. I admire your fortitude for finishing it! I am on year 13 of handquilting a queen sized quilt ... someday it will be finished!
    Sue

• day2day
    10 years ago

Love your quilt!
    Beautiful colors and great design.
    Your quilting is truly awesome.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• bozogardener
    10 years ago

Wow. Just wow!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

OMG...your hand quilting is absolutely awesome...I would not have the patience to hand quilt something of that size...,Bravo!
    V.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Your quilt is really beautiful and I love all the stitching! TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• lola99
    10 years ago

WOW!!! Your quilting is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing all of the close up pictures.

As soon as I saw the quilting pictures I felt a little sheepish and thought to myself: how could I have presumed to suggest quilting motifs to such an accomplished quilter?

You really did an awesome job. Congratulations on a wonderful quilt.

• fran1523
    10 years ago

Your quilt is stunning....the fabric, the design and the quilting. Kudos to you.

• redmary
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Your stitches are so even. Did you use a template? What was your resource?

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Beautiful quilt and the hand quilting makes it a masterpiece!
    LindaB/CA

• wanda_va
    10 years ago

That quilt takes my breath away! What a work of art!!!

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After Lola's doodling suggestions, I started googling template samples, and found some keltic knots I really liked. Printed them on regular 8 1/2 X 11 paper, and enlarged or reduced the size til I got something that fit the squares. I bought some clear plastic binder dividers and made my own templates. Did the same with the borders.

Thanks for all the nice comments. Was suppose to go to my sister, although she didn't know that. I really like it for myself now. Couldn't find similar fabric locally, so found some similar colors on-line and ordered it this week. I'll made another and hope I like it as well. Then she can have this one. She has seen it and commented how nice it would look on her bed with the new dark bedroom furniture.

Looking forward to getting my order to see if I really like the fabric. Sometimes colors are not at all what it looks like on-line.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!! On my! Your quilting is beautiful - this is a show stopper -- you should enter it somewhere for others to enjoy as well. Thanks for the additional close up pics of your beautiful work. I would want to keep this one as well :~).

• csackett
    10 years ago

beautiful!!

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus