Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stained Glass quilt

Posted by bloomorelse (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 17:13

Finally finished this queen sized quilt. Hand quilted with keltic knots in the large squares and triangles. The back is not as flat as I'd like, because I started it on my large quilting frame, and had to dismantle for Xmas. So before taking down, I thought I'd be smart and just quilt here and there so I could finish it in my rectangle hoop. Oh well the front looks flat enough.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stained Glass quilt

I remember this quilt. I love it. Can you take a close up picture of the quilting? From what I can see in your large picture it looks really good. Congratulations on such a large finish.

o

Very nice! I would love to see the quilting too! I just can't imagine hand quilting something this size... impressive!

Kate

o

Just love the colors and design..it's beautiful!!!
V.

o

Hope I don't bore you with all the close ups.

o

another...

o

and another

o

and another

o

and another

o

and another

o

last one

o

OMG!!!! Words fail me!
Theresa

o

Lola's doodling earlier in Sept inspired me, when I asked for suggestions on how to quilt it.

o

forgot to show one of the inside borders.

o

That is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job. You can really be proud of this one.

o

That is fantastic. I like everything about it. Your fabric choices are perfect and the quilting is very impressive. I have hand quilted a few large ones but not nearly as well as yours. Very nice job. I am impressed. TFS

o

I can't even imagine doing that all by hand. It's absolutely beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

o

It's beautiful work!

o

Thank you for sending the closeups. It is stunning. I love quilting by hand, but that would have taken me forever.

o

Great job of color choices and your quilting is awesome!

SharonG/FL

o

Fantastic! You did an incredible job on the quilting and it looks great. I admire your fortitude for finishing it! I am on year 13 of handquilting a queen sized quilt ... someday it will be finished!
Sue

o

Love your quilt!
Beautiful colors and great design.
Your quilting is truly awesome.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Wow. Just wow!

o

OMG...your hand quilting is absolutely awesome...I would not have the patience to hand quilt something of that size...,Bravo!
V.

o

Your quilt is really beautiful and I love all the stitching! TFS!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

WOW!!! Your quilting is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing all of the close up pictures.

As soon as I saw the quilting pictures I felt a little sheepish and thought to myself: how could I have presumed to suggest quilting motifs to such an accomplished quilter?

You really did an awesome job. Congratulations on a wonderful quilt.

o

Your quilt is stunning....the fabric, the design and the quilting. Kudos to you.

o

Beautiful! Your stitches are so even. Did you use a template? What was your resource?

o

Beautiful quilt and the hand quilting makes it a masterpiece!
LindaB/CA

o

That quilt takes my breath away! What a work of art!!!

o

After Lola's doodling suggestions, I started googling template samples, and found some keltic knots I really liked. Printed them on regular 8 1/2 X 11 paper, and enlarged or reduced the size til I got something that fit the squares. I bought some clear plastic binder dividers and made my own templates. Did the same with the borders.

Thanks for all the nice comments. Was suppose to go to my sister, although she didn't know that. I really like it for myself now. Couldn't find similar fabric locally, so found some similar colors on-line and ordered it this week. I'll made another and hope I like it as well. Then she can have this one. She has seen it and commented how nice it would look on her bed with the new dark bedroom furniture.

Looking forward to getting my order to see if I really like the fabric. Sometimes colors are not at all what it looks like on-line.

o

Gorgeous!!! On my! Your quilting is beautiful - this is a show stopper -- you should enter it somewhere for others to enjoy as well. Thanks for the additional close up pics of your beautiful work. I would want to keep this one as well :~).

o

beautiful!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here